• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need to bin these scales!!

kelly1

Im three weeks post op tomorrow, and since my op, me an my little boy have been staying at my mother in laws, as my hubby is posted abroad with the RAF at the minute and I can't lift him! This is all fine, but the problem is I always get weighed at her house, as she has dead expensive scales so I always trust them, and it stops me being obsessed at home! Well you've guessed it, I'm now utterly obsessed! Get weighed every single day, which frankly is no good for my mental health lol I've only lost 2lb since last Tuesday and I find myself "angry" at them! God I'm going mad I swear! I can barely eat anything and find myself thinking I could loose more on bloody ww without having life threatening surgery!!! Someone please tell me to man up and that I will loose more than 2lb sometime soon lol urgh :( x

I feel your pain hun as I too am obsessed with the darn things. I promised myself that it wasn't going to happen and I was only going to weigh myself on a Sunday.... I failed miserably. I weigh myself everyday and like you find myself getting angry with the the darn things because they don't always tell me nice things....
However I have now learned that stalls like the one your in just now happen and you have to come to terms with that. I too stalled at the three week mark following my balloon. I lost nearly a stone then yadda, zilch, nil for a full three weeks... I actually flung my scales from one side of he bathroom to the other in a rage one day! Reading through lots of the posts of bypassers etc you will find this scenario is quite a common one. Okay maybe not the scale rage part :eek:
I spoke to my dietician about it and she laughed and explained that it was what she expected to happen. Our bodies are fighting to keep us the way we are. It likes having all these stores of fat so instead it will burn muscle because we can spare a bit of that and muscle is easier to burn... This tends to be the arm and leg muscle & as people tend to measure the usual areas like the waist, hips etc & rarely measure the limbs then any inch loss is not noticed so we then think we are failing. The loss will start again I assure you :) . Just stick to the plan with lean high in protein, low carb foods & keep the liquid levels up and it will move again. Xx

Kelly and FF,

I am at week 5 post op wrap and lost
11lbs
Zero
8lbs
Zero
Zero
So I have had a proper girly strop.
I now have come to terms with how my body is working and realise that this is going to happen and despite the stalls, if I stick to the plan, then I WILL get to goal.
The daily weighing is a problem. We all know its not good but we still do it.
I weigh maybe 3 times a week but am always wishing I had waited til Saturday.
So, hand in there ladies, we will succeed
Xxx

I feel your pain hun as I too am obsessed with the darn things. I promised myself that it wasn't going to happen and I was only going to weigh myself on a Sunday.... I failed miserably. I weigh myself everyday and like you find myself getting angry with the the darn things because they don't always tell me nice things....
However I have now learned that stalls like the one your in just now happen and you have to come to terms with that. I too stalled at the three week mark following my balloon. I lost nearly a stone then yadda, zilch, nil for a full three weeks... I actually flung my scales from one side of he bathroom to the other in a rage one day! Reading through lots of the posts of bypassers etc you will find this scenario is quite a common one. Okay maybe not the scale rage part :eek:
I spoke to my dietician about it and she laughed and explained that it was what she expected to happen. Our bodies are fighting to keep us the way we are. It likes having all these stores of fat so instead it will burn muscle because we can spare a bit of that and muscle is easier to burn... This tends to be the arm and leg muscle & as people tend to measure the usual areas like the waist, hips etc & rarely measure the limbs then any inch loss is not noticed so we then think we are failing. The loss will start again I assure you :) . Just stick to the plan with lean high in protein, low carb foods & keep the liquid levels up and it will move again. Xx

Throwing them is definitely one way to get the scales to move ;) I weigh once a week because my partner and daughter have custody of the scales the rest of the week

i know how you feel about the scales im yet to have my op but i must go on my scales about 5 times a day i cant help it i've tried getting hubby to hide them take the battery out of them everything but i always end up finding them, i know it must stop soon, dont be angry with yourself 2lb is 2lb any weightloss is good

Back