• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need to get my head in weight loss gear...

mells

....shame I appear to need a new gear box!!!

I'm just not losing weight, I know why its what I'm eating. I feel hungry all the time, and I want nice things.

That said I'm not being being naughty like I used to be pre-op, but its just enough to stop the weight loss. I'm just sick of only eating 1000 - 1200 cals in order to lose any weight at all.

So I have been putting off a band fill, but decision made I'm going to see is I can get an appointment for later in August/September.

Until then I'm just going to have to try harder.

If anyone tells me I took the easy way to lose weight I'm going scream :break_diet:

Mel, it is NOT an easy way out, you know it, I know it, it's a last/desperate chance thing. Do you exercise much? I'm only 3 weeks post-op but I mowed our HUGE, overgrown, sloping (sideways and downwards) lawn today; with lots of rests and sf cordial; yesterday I did Rosemary Conley 'Salsacise' dvd, though only the first bit, not the hard one or weights/dynaband bit. I don't know how big your band is or what's in it, but I'm sure someone more experienced/knowledgeable will be along shortly & help you more.
xxxxx sharon

Hi

I know how you feel, i am much the same, waiting for my 3rd fill and although i do have some restriction re not being able to eat bread products and having to chew meat to a pulp, i am still hungry and able to eat normal portions (although not as big as pre-op) and get hungry a few hours after eating. So i can see light at the end of the tunnel, re not being able to eat certain stuff, but i would like not to be hungry.

Fingers crossed another fill will sort it out, plus i do have to sort my head out too, easier said then done for some of us x
Hope you are in a good place x

Mells i know this is something you don't want to hear but i'll say it anyway....

Weight watchers!

I do it, never thought i would, but i do and it's working. I eat nice things but i stick to plan.

Loss is slow but it's a loss without deprivation.

Have a think about it and ask your gp about getting it on prescription to work in conjunction with your band.

Keep the faith, get the fill xxx

Hi Mells I just saw this. I feel for you. It is a long slow process, but you will get there. You have done really well so far. I had an appointment at WM last week and saw Dr Hartland. It was the first time I had seen him since my very first appointment and I must admit he was very good in that he took time to listen and explain things. If you book for a fill it is worth asking if you can see him as well as Ana to talk through how you are feeling and see what he suggests.

tranquil x

It's frustrating isn't it, there's some weeks (esp when I'm ovulating or the first day of my period) when I can't get full and feel like my head's constantly in the fridge, but then I notice how much weight I've lost and know I've done the right thing. You've lost 85lb, you should be very proud of yourself. Would it help if you kept a food diary, I find it helps me? xx

I so belong in this thread.. :slap:

I need motivation! When I had the op done, I knew I was going to have to work along side it. In the back of my mind though, I think it was going to be a miracle cure for my fatness..

I eat meals, get full up then an hour later I want to eat again.. :confused:

Roll on next fill!

Hi

I am in exactly the same place as you guys
I went to the USA and put 5ibs on I returned 6 weeks ago I lost the 5lbs within a week and have lost nothing since.
I have a fourteen mil band and I have had three fills totalling 6mls and I have no restriction can eat anything and can eat a normal meal and I am hungry an hour later
Back to the hospital in four weeks see if they give me another fill as I am getting really down not losing any weight:sigh:

Durhamlass, I too have a 14ml band and I am upto 8ml at present, having a fill this week too, hopefully another 2ml. My dietician always stresses to me that I will not really feel any restriction til I am around 10-12ml, and not to panic that it isnt working! I just wanted to pass this on as it does help me when I repeat it to myself :) hope you had a fab time in USA! :)

Back