• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I wonder if you can help please?!

kelly_333_333

Evening guys, I am hoping to have a band fitted soon, just waiting for a house sale to complete (to get money) and order my first passport (will take 6 weeks) so that I can book a consultation to have my band done in Belgium with Dr focquet. My friend had surgery with him and is now at a lovely weight, she looks and feels fantastic :)

My first question is if I'm going to have to stop my antidepressants before I can have the op?

Secondly do any of you know if they operate at the weekends? I'm trying to organise the calendar for when I'll be able to go.

I've tried to do as much research as I can so far, I wanted to question about sickness. I've seen some people say they had slime or they pb'ed, are these different from being sick? If you are sick is it a similar feeling to being sick without a band?

I'm so ready to do this, I've had enough of my weight yo-yoing up and down and my health is at risk, after losing my Mum last year I need to get on top of this, I owe it to myself and my daughter!

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Kelly x

I just had my band by Dr Focquet on the 14th Feb, I believe he operates on Mondays and Thursday's.
You will need at least a week off, to go back to work too soon would be silly and you will probably be ill.

Thank you for the reply, I was wondering on the days to see if I need to do it during the school holidays or not! Looks like I will need to if he operates on weekdays only.

Could I ask you Windy, did you arrange your own hotel or did you use the service provided?

How have you been since your surgery? Well done on taking the step :)

Thank you for the reply, I was wondering on the days to see if I need to do it during the school holidays or not! Looks like I will need to if he operates on weekdays only.

Could I ask you Windy, did you arrange your own hotel or did you use the service provided?

How have you been since your surgery? Well done on taking the step :)

I used the full service.
They arrange the hotel and taxi service from the airport to hotel, then hotel to hospital and back to either the hotel or airport, which ever is your choice.

You need to arrange your own flight. Then about 1-2 weeks before date, Chris will contact you to get flight times off you and then he will tell you the taxi details (where to be etc).

If you have a partner or friend going with you, let Chris know, he will also need to know what sort of bed you want (twin, double etc).

The hotel room is your's, so partner or friend can stay there whilst you are in hospital overnight.

If your partner or friend goes back to the hotel whilst you stay in hospital they will need to arrange their own transport (i think it was 30 euro's).

I stayed for an extra night at no charge, which was good but boring on my own.

Thanks Windy :)

I think we will drive over through the Euro tunnel, we being myself and my partner, he will be driving :)

I've made an appointment for my consultation with Dr Focquet on the 12th of March!

Do you know if they get the hotel cheaper for you through the package or would it be cheaper to book it yourself?

How have you been getting on Windy?

Ohh and hello Neen, thank you for the lovely wishes :)

I believe the packages which includes the hotel for 3 nights are a set price, you wont, as far as I am aware, get any discount.
The hotel is block booked by WLS (or really SOS, who are doing the op.. Obesity Solutions Group- Surgical Solutions for Morbid Obesity, London Belgium Dublin ...) I should imagine it would be more expensive to self book.

I am doing good thanks, got my first post op consulation in Birmingham next week.

I just thought I can actually answer the sick question if you want.
The sick is like thick catarrh (can't spell) mucus stuff..not the acrid stomach sick with the bad smell. It's thrown back out from your pouch as a result of stuck food irritating that part of your food pipe and above usually so doesn't mix with stomach acid.
Its vile in it 's own way and a good deterrent for not eating too much and remembering to chew well!

Thank you Neen, it certainly doesn't sound like something I'm going to want to be doing often :eek:

Windy, so glad it's all going well for you! Good luck at your check up :)

Back