• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need your soup recipes......

Tyraboots

Has anyone got any real good soup recipes? No red meat though or fish or cheese. Thanks in advance!

galm37

Hi,
I'm still on liquids and have been using my time off work to make loads of soups. Here's some of the one's I've made:-

Carrot and almond soup - (great for protein)
Ingredients
Serves 4

 2 onions, peeled and chopped
 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
 6 carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced
 2 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
 1 tbsp wheat-free vegetable bouillon powder
 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, stalks reserved
 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, stalks reserved
 100g ground almonds
Method
Place the onions, garlic, carrot and celery in a large saucepan. Add 1.25 litres of boiling water and the bouillon powder. Bring to the boil and add the herb stalks. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Strain, reserving the stock. Remove the herb stalks, then blend the vegetables in a food processor or with a hand-held blender until smooth.
Return the mixture to the pan and add the ground almonds and enough of the reserved stock to make a soup-like consistency.
spicy parsnip soup
ingredients
• olive oil
• knob of butter
• 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
• a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
• 1 tablespoon garam masala
• 6 parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
• 500ml milk
• 1 litre vegetable stock
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
• optional: a handful of fresh coriander leaves

Heat a splash of olive oil and the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and garam masala. Gently fry for around 10 minutes, until the onions are soft and sweet.

Drop in the chopped parsnip and stir together so that everything gets coated in the oil and flavours. Pour in the milk and stock, season well and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes with a lid on.

After half an hour, check that the parsnips are cooked by sticking a knife in. If you’re happy, remove them from the heat and carefully whiz up using a hand blender or liquidizer.

I made the Parsnip one with Coconut milk and it was fantastic.

Also made Chicken Broth with left over Chicken, Chicken Stock, Carrots, Onions & 1/2 bag Tesco's soup mix (full of lentils, barley, split peas etc.) Excellent for protein.

Hope you find something you like.
Gail :)

wannabeslimagain

saying goodbye to my fat
i have made a chinese soup and it is lovely i added chicken strips but you can leave them out and it is just as tasty.

Bamboo shoots
water chestnuts
8 Spring onions
1 Tablespoon of light soy sauce
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 pints of chicken stock or veg stock
salt and pepper

bring the stock to the boil and add soy sauce and sesame oil and the salt and peper to taste ( a pinch of each) and stir in well. Chop spring onions up small and add to stock along with the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots and stir. Serve when boiling. :D

gillabean

Really living now!
Butternut squash and red pepper soup

1 x butternut squash
2 x red peppers

Cube the squash and fry in butter/spry light, same with peppers (take seeds out).
Add chicken stock and blitz in processor. Season. Delicious!
cut up peppers

Chicken and veg soup
(this makes a lot of soup! alter amounts to make smaller batches)
I make this when I have made roast chicken for the other half, if you dont have the chicken carcas use ready made stock :)

For the stock:
Chicken carcus
celery
onion
carrot
herbs de provonce

Bring to the boil in a large soup pan, then simmer for as long as you can :) if by the end its not chickeny enough, i add half a stock cube to taste.

for the soup:
1-2 carrot
1/2 white cabbage
1/2 sweed
2 onions
1 parsnip
spuds (i often leave them out now to save on carbs)
leek
celery
shredded chicken (left over from the roast, ususally abouyt half or just under of the bird)

Dice your veg up quite small, or large if you want a chunky soup!
Once you have made your stock, remove all bits and bones and return to the heat, add in your harder veg, spuds, carrot, parsnip, sweed and onion, cover and cook for 1hr.
Then add in your chopped celery, leek and cabbage, cook for a further 30 mins, then add the chicken.
I leave this to cook for as long as i can.

I make a huuuge pot, and freeze it :)

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I made roasted butternut squash soup the other day, not from a recipe tho, just with stuff I had laying around.

I marinated the butternut squash in rosemary, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil for an hour or so, then roasted it with garlic cloves.

I boiled up onion, celery, carrot and cauliflower and seasoning with vegetable stock then simmered for half an hour. When it was cooked I added the roasted butternut squash and blended it up with a tablespoon of low fat fromage frais. It was bloomin grogeous!

salski

I made a spicy chicken stew soup thing today
4 chicken thighs
a butternut squash
2 small sweet potatoes
pearl barley
Fresh chilli

Added it all with chicken stock and chilli and cooked it for hours in the oven. Was v tender and thick when it came out. You could use breast of chicken and blitz to a soup