• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I now have a date Yipeeeee

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
:party0049:
I was told verbally today by admissions that I go into Hospital on the 7th of November for my Operation on the 8th.
Although I've not had my letter yet they said it will be sent out towards the end of this month confirming the date, so I hope I'm not tempting fate by sharing my good news with all you lovely peeps on here.
I say that because for a few weeks last year after first seeing the surgeon I wasn't sure I could go through with it. It will have been 14 months since my GP first referred me and although it's been a long time coming I have plenty of time to read the views of everybody on here, reading about the many positives and the relatively few negatives related to WLS, and as a result I am now much more relaxed about the whole thing. I do admit to the hair standing up on the back of my neck when they told me the date but it soon passed and now I just can't wait.

I'm sure as the weeks/days/hours pass some of the nervousness will come back but then I've only got to come on here and I'm fairly certain somebody will come along and tell me what a 42 carrot plonker I really am :)
So in the morning I'm going to get back into the habit of weighing myself again, and see if I can lose a bit before I go in.

oh Brian im so pleased for you , no one knows how it feels to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel except for those who have been on the journey,,,,will be following your shrinkage and wishing you a safe,happy and exciting voyage to the new you , be lucky love x

oh Brian thats fantastic!!!! woohoo im so excited for you yayyyyyyyyyyy lol xxx

Hi ,
That is fantastic news the time will just fly by.

Marie.
xoxox :bliss::bliss::bliss:

Whoop!! Great news! Be here before you know it! X

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

great news chap all the best its fantastic when you see your date in black and white

Wonderful news !! Heres to a new you n 2012 yayyyy xx

I am so happy for you Brian. I know exactly how you feel and I expect we have all felt the same way as we undertake this life changing proceedure. I am confident that it will be so worth it though :)

I personally think that the pre-op diet is the worst part - if you can get through that you can get through anything :D

I am so happy for you Brian. I know exactly how you feel and I expect we have all felt the same way as we undertake this life changing proceedure. I am confident that it will be so worth it though :)

I personally think that the pre-op diet is the worst part - if you can get through that you can get through anything :D

As I love milk I'm hoping that's what I get put on although I dare say I may be sick of it come the end of the 2 weeks.

Thanks everybody though, it's good to hear the experiences (even the bad ones) as I said in my post I may not have gone ahead had it not been for this place.

Last edited:
Congratulations Brian, it will fly by, Karen x

Soooo pleased for you, Brian :D:D You are right to be nervous, I can't imagine there is anyone on here who wasn't at some point, especially when it is now so real for you. We won't be calling you any sort of plonker, that is what your wife is for, lol xxx :D

Soooo pleased for you, Brian :D:D You are right to be nervous, I can't imagine there is anyone on here who wasn't at some point, especially when it is now so real for you. We won't be calling you any sort of plonker, that is what your wife is for, lol xxx :D

I didn't realise you'd met her :giggle:

Hi Brian, looks like we be on looser bench together x

Brian! Brian! Brian! my stomach (currently large - soon to be small sometime in the future! ) has just performed a massive flip for you! I think that you wait so long just to hear about a date that when you finally get one it must feel like a bit of a dream! over the moon for you. hopefully I won't be too far behind you !

Lynne
xxx

Back