• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I passed out the other night!??

kell

Hey guys, Im 4 months post bypass op now and am doing ok.

Been feeling very tired for the past couple of weeks, feel like I dont have time to stop for breath! lol....

Anyway went to see pink in concert on Wednesday night. Had some pasta before hand and had about 3 vodka's over the space of about 3 hours.
Half way though I got a sudden feeling of sickness so turned to hubby and said I feel sick, at the same time I felt weird, like dizzy? so I put my head on his chest.....next thing I know im lied on the floor with people all around me staring!!
As it happens a nurse was in the audience right behind me so she looked after me whilst the paramedics made their way through the audience...with a stretcher!! oh I was soooo embarrased! :eek: Didnt get on the stretcher as I felt I could walk by then, but felt really weird and ill for the rest of the night.

It was a horrible experience and I can only assume it was down to the vodka, although I have had it once before then and was fine with it.

Anyone else had a similar experience post bypass? x

sounds like extreme dumping or very low blood pressure - that can make you pass out. I would get your GP to check it if i were you - hope Pink was good!

I agree with Caroline, perhaps avoid alcohol for a while hope you managed to see the concert lol and hope you feel better

Jay xx

Low bllod sugar/pressure it sounds like to me hun - hope your feeling better. What did the paramedics say? x

what mixer did you have with the vodka? did it have sugar in it? hope your ok now xx

had blackcurrant and water with it.... Pink was great, well the bits i was conscious for anyway! lol :)

As always if you are concerned about your health, please see your gp and have things checked out, it is always wise to be safe. I hope you are feeling better soon. From what I understand of dumping, passing out is not very likely as a symptom. I would guess that either extreme dehydration (which accounts for about 90% of people who faint at concerts, I worked at a venue in my youth and saw it all the time) or a rapid drop in blood pressure. Both a blood pressure drop and extreme dehydration can happen when you drink alcohol, especially since 3 vodkas to a post-op bypasser is like 10 vodkas. The rapid absorption of alcohol post-bypass can dehydrate you 10 times as fast as a normal person, was the temperature was warm due to the close press of people? All those things can contribute and make you hit the floor. Remember to drink water especially when you have alcohol to avoid future swan dives, lol.

Take care,
Nic;)

It happened to me a couple of months ago I went a friends had a few vodkas Got home went bed woke up a few hours later with hot and cold sweats Made it to the loo sitting there next min I passed out and smacked my head on the wall, came round managed get to bedroom and passed out again went down like a sack of s##t on to the floor

note to self......*avoid vodka*

I would echo what everyone else has said, go see you gp and get it checked out to be on the safe side. That goes for you too Teen :)

Xx

Back