• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My night at A and E

thats unreal, someone up above must have been lookin down on ur son last nite. glad to hear he's okay!

Wow, so terrible but yet you are one lucky mum and he is one lucky boy... So gald to hear he is home and in you good hands.

Big (((hugs))) and take care. Speak to you soon.

Nichole

My dad bought him his bike gear and he died in july so i recon both my mum who died 9 yrs ago and dad were both looking out for him.

:hug99:Sending you hugs .My son was knocked down and driver left him in middle of road nearly 2 years ago now he had to have 2 major ops to put his leg back together and still has problems with it now .I know how the shock of all thats happened can knock you for six so make sure you both talk and get the traumar out in the open .Take care of each other ,and hope they get the b*****d

Im so glad he is ok, very scary! Why do people think it's ok to treat other human beings like that?
Keep safe
Sxxxxxxxx

Had a really bad night last night i think the reality of what had happend hit and i have just wanted to sleep.
Been really busy today talking to the police and insurance companies. Hes only got 3rd party F&T but he has insurance for bike gear, personal injury, uninsured losses so had to deal with 4 different insurance companies.
Hes been in a lot of pain as the whip lash has kicked in and hes aching all over so hes really short tempered.
Then to top it all off hes talking about which bike hes going to get next!!!!!!!
boys will be boys i guess.

Sorry for the late reply, i'm so sorry HC, your son is one lucky fella, and i hope he makes a quick recovery. *hugs*

HC :hug99: make sure you take it easy, you're still recovering and not in any fit state to be playing nurse-y just yet! I know he's your baby and you want to look after him but you have to look after you too.

Yeah, what Shel said;).

How is it going today, any better? Let me know if you need a chat. Take good care of you and speak to you soon (call anytime dear). He must be okay if he is dreaming of a new bike...

Keep us posted and speedy recovery to your son.:D

Thanks for that. well he was back at the hospital today and thankfully he doesnt need plastic surgery. he obviously takes after me and is a good healer.
The local paper have been to see him today as they want to run a story based on him wearing the right gear and the protection that gave him.
speak soon
carole

Hello Carole,

How's the boy today? Glad to hear that no surgery is needed plus boys think scars are 'cool' anyway. Kinda neat about the article, let us know which paper & when it will run. I'll have to clip it out!

How are you doing? Hope all is well with your health and would love to see you when you are up for it.

Was thinking today that maybe we should form a support group that meets at Hope (there is one at the Alexandra but it is over an hour by bus & a very expensive taxi ride) - what do you think? My ward mate mentioned she might want to start one but I haven't heard from her since surgery (she hasn't returned my calls) so maybe we could do it? I wouldn't know where to begin, maybe we could talk to Michelle? It would be lovely to meet up with pre & post-ops in person from this area once a month.

Anyway, sorry to ramble.;)

Hi nicole i think that is a fantastic idea. It would be great if we could get diatition, psycologist etc as special guest speakers every so often. My best night would be thursday or any day during school hours.
If you speak to michell tell her im up for it and i think one of the girls who had hers done at the same time as me would be.
speak soon
carole

Back