• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I REALLY need help now, time is running out

rachaelh

I officially have my endoscopy 9.45am on 29th sep and as things stand i'm weighing 140kgs, still under initial target weight loss set however many years ago it was but 15kgs on since I last saw mr mahawar at SRH in june (yes that would be this june!), to top things off i'm off on my long overdue all bleeding inclusive holiday on saturday so i know its going to be hard trying to sort my head out, i know there is no hope of losing 15kgs in a couple of weeks but i got to try other wise i don't know what to do, i'm so angry with myself but i just cant get motivated, the annoying part is had everything gone to plan and not had stacks of cancelled appointments and being generally passed over, i dont even know what i'm expecting by writing this but i need to get it off my chest... aaaaarrrrghhhh!!!!!

sorry...

Hi Rachael. First up, don't be sorry. We all need to rant a bit and this is the best place to do it.
As for you losing your weight in that short time, I don't really know what to say. I think nobody will ever stick to a new diet unless it's clear and definate in their mind first, and I'm not sure you're there. I understand when you're off on an all inclusive holiday, the last thing you need to be doing is dieting, but maybe if you just stay aware of what you're eating, and drinking. The only thing is that I know SRH are pretty strict on weight gain or not meeting targets. I'm not sure what they do if this happens though...? I have my endoscopy 2 days before yours and I'm terrified! Terrified of the procedure as well as the fact that I'm going to be that much closer to the op...

I feel your pain!
I had put on over 10lb between seeing him in June also. My endoscopy is this Wednesday. I started the Atkins as I was going away but I still put 2lb on!! :eek:
I got back last Monday and started the Commando diet, It was tuff but by Friday all but 2lb had gone!!
I was even more motivated as on Weds I got a call giving me my surgery date of the 25th Sept. Short notice list really means short notice!!
I started the milk diet of my own accoed yesterday and have woken up to a 2lb gain!!
So it's wii fit all the way now haha.
To top it all, it seems that the drastic weight loss has kick started my periods, which have been missing for over 5 years (i have the Implanon). The pain is immense and I feel much heavier for it!
I wish you all the luck in the world and advise you to do whatever you can xxxxxxx :)

If this is an endoscopy appointment, will you even be weighed?

Being realistic, you are not going to lose 15kg in 17 days, so why not just try to lose as much of it as you can. If you are on an all inclusive holiday you can still be careful, salads, protein, avoid fried/fatty foods, get plenty of exercise, drink plenty of water, sugar free drinks.

Good luck.

As others have said, focus on what u can do, not what u have done already. There is no point beating yourself up, as some would say the damage has been done, but you can stop any future damage being done.

I went on an all inclusive holiday in march, the day I started my refeed diet, I was dreading it, BUT when I got home after two weeks I has lost 6 lb, now I have to say, I was good, chose fish and chicken etc, and let my hair down one day, but if you want the prize at the end of the tunnel, we all have to stay focussed.

Its no different post op, infact its probably harder, we all have to make the correct food choices otherwise we pay for it.

At the end of the day, its a holiday, sit back, relax and enjoy the holiday, food will not be at the forefront of your mind.

Come on you can do it, we are all behind you here.

As others have said, focus on what u can do, not what u have done already. There is no point beating yourself up, as some would say the damage has been done, but you can stop any future damage being done.

I went on an all inclusive holiday in march, the day I started my refeed diet, I was dreading it, BUT when I got home after two weeks I has lost 6 lb, now I have to say, I was good, chose fish and chicken etc, and let my hair down one day, but if you want the prize at the end of the tunnel, we all have to stay focussed.

Its no different post op, infact its probably harder, we all have to make the correct food choices otherwise we pay for it.

At the end of the day, its a holiday, sit back, relax and enjoy the holiday, food will not be at the forefront of your mind.

Come on you can do it, we are all behind you here.
all of the above . keep your chin up and enjoy your hols xxx

thanks everyone i'm going to just try and relax about it, try and get as much exercise in with the pool and the gym there while i'm away and see how we go from there, had an he said i have a appointment with my gp and he said i'm on the borderline for underactive thyroid and said i'm carrying a lot of water so i got the frusemide tabets back, so hopefully that will help lose a little bit? hey a girl can hope! i'll take it as it comes, if this causes yet another set back so be it, not much else i can do now!

hiya, u sound so stressed. I am sorry to be bearer of bad news but SRH will not let you have op if u have gained any weight they are so strict . if i was you i would go on the pre op diet asap. because you have got this far would be shame to have it all come to a end.my heart goes out to you i hope u get sorted asap and all goes well at endoscopy as when i went for mine at srh they weighed me before endoscopy and was told my weight was stable should make more effort . i was only 1kg under the set target xx

I agree, I needed to lose weight fast for my appt with the surgeon because I had put weight on so I did the milk diet and lost loads, I was at SRH and I was told by a nurse if you put weight on they will cancel your op and you will have to start again, you can do it, we're all behind you, Karen x

YOU CAN DO THIS !! although the timing of your holiday sucks, the temptation will be enormous , so this will be a strong test for you ... to be honest ... it could be fantastic training for you .... although you have the pre op diet, it is still quite shocking when you come home from hospital and life changes dramatically ... so this may very well be a blessing in disguise .... get a big fat sharpie and write on your hands, i drew the eat well plate (which looked like a CND sign, so it was only mildly weird) and every time i went to feed my face ... there it was !Its incredible how so much of my eating was habitual and unconscious. i believe you can beat this challenge ...if you have to drink , stay away from those mouthwash/alcopop drinks ... we are all rooting for you ... YOU CAN KICK THIS CHALLENGES ARSE !!! ;-)

I officially have my endoscopy 9.45am on 29th sep and as things stand i'm weighing 140kgs, still under initial target weight loss set however many years ago it was but 15kgs on since I last saw mr mahawar at SRH in june (yes that would be this june!), to top things off i'm off on my long overdue all bleeding inclusive holiday on saturday so i know its going to be hard trying to sort my head out, i know there is no hope of losing 15kgs in a couple of weeks but i got to try other wise i don't know what to do, i'm so angry with myself but i just cant get motivated, the annoying part is had everything gone to plan and not had stacks of cancelled appointments and being generally passed over, i dont even know what i'm expecting by writing this but i need to get it off my chest... aaaaarrrrghhhh!!!!!

sorry...
Sorry hun but if you have gained that much its unlikely to shift in time plus holiday won't help. You will be weighed at endoscopy if consultant requests it and if excessive may even get put back there and then.

Back