• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Running out of time to worry!

Dinda

My operation is on Monday but the last two weeks have been manic;
  • My partner has been diagnosed with prostate cancer - major 'brain bang' for both of us
  • I've been trying to get everything sorted at work so I don't feel guilty and nobody else gets lumbered with extra work, one more task to do on Monday morning before being admitted
  • I've developed sciatica - which is more painful than I could begin to describe!
  • My partner moves in tomorrow, he's a major neat freak so I'm hopping about trying to get things straight that I've neglected due to above!
  • It's our first Christmas without mum, and I've got my brother with Learning Disabilities coming to stay - I really want to make things special for him because mum always did but it's so sad
  • My cat keeps jumping into my arms every time I sit or lay down - I'm now convinced he knows I'm not going to make it home post op :cry:
  • I'm trying to find a polite way to tell my boss I don't want him visiting me in hospital - how can I sit in supervision with him after he's seen me in my nightdress????
When can I find time to fret???

Oh dear you are having a time of it hun . Think you need to take half hour to just relax , maybe have s lovely bubble bath & just shut off , prob easier said than done
Either way , all the best for Monday hun & hope things improve for you & your partner xx

And Breathe.....
Stop panicking (Though I'm a fine one to give you that advice :eek:)
Everything will sort its self out.
I'm with Pandora on this one "Have a nice bath and try to relax
As my daughter and my mother always say to me "The dust will still be there tomorrow so leave it till then":D

awww bless your heart, my ex hubby has prostate cancer (we're still great mates) i know its a worry, just tell your boss, sorry visitors not allowed as some people in the ward are seriously ill, or something like that lol. as the others have said, breath and relax, you wont be any good to anyone stressing, good luck :) xxx

My operation is on Monday but the last two weeks have been manic;
  • My partner has been diagnosed with prostate cancer - major 'brain bang' for both of us
  • I've been trying to get everything sorted at work so I don't feel guilty and nobody else gets lumbered with extra work, one more task to do on Monday morning before being admitted
  • I've developed sciatica - which is more painful than I could begin to describe!
  • My partner moves in tomorrow, he's a major neat freak so I'm hopping about trying to get things straight that I've neglected due to above!
  • It's our first Christmas without mum, and I've got my brother with Learning Disabilities coming to stay - I really want to make things special for him because mum always did but it's so sad
  • My cat keeps jumping into my arms every time I sit or lay down - I'm now convinced he knows I'm not going to make it home post op :cry:
  • I'm trying to find a polite way to tell my boss I don't want him visiting me in hospital - how can I sit in supervision with him after he's seen me in my nightdress????
When can I find time to fret???

Oh bless you so sorry about your partners news, you need to be strong now for his sake. you will be fine, make sure you have some good friends who can help you for the first few days after surgery...and try not to stress yourself out.... as for your boss... just imagine him/her naked then you wont be worried about them seeing you in your nighty lol xx
Good luck honey all the best... keep us updated xx

aww i wish i could take it away for you,
sorry to hear about your partner,
i agree with everyone though take a deep breath relax
go and have a hot bubble bath.

i also would say to my boss no visitors only you familly,
he can catch up when you have had your opp and your home.
i would try to stop the cat jummping on you like that though
as this i imagine will be really painfull after your opp
and you will be fine post opp.

you take care and i am sure you will make christmas special what ever you choose to do.
but as said before find a little time just for you. xxxx

same as all the rest
try and relax and good luck for monday

What bad timing for news like that,I hope this gets sorted. i'm sure if your partner is a neat freak he will be happy to do some of the chores for you. Just tell your Boss only one visitor at a time and you want your partner there.
I have had sciatica, I know it is dreadfully painful, make sure the hospital know about it so you get written up for pain relief after as you will be lying flat on your back in surgery for a few hours.
You have 3 more weeks to christmas, by then you will be much better and able to cope with making it as special as your mum would have done for your brother.
Try and take a little time for you.
Good luck love x

Thank you all for being so lovely. As the operation didn't happen I now have time to breathe, plan and enjoy all those bubble baths :)

Move has happened, glad he's around and I'll be there for him. He was lovely at the hospital yesterday so I know all will be well after surgery.

Back at work and I'll sort out Christmas on line later :D

You really are a lovely bunch!!

When the op was cancelled (I did a different thread) I thought 'I'm the new Mrs Quiggle' :)

It will be ok, it will happen soon - and by then I will have got rid of this sciatica and will only have to concentrate on one thing.

My 'aunt flow' decided to make her monthly visit on Sunday - so that just put the tin lid on it all for me!!!!

Back