• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was scared then ok now 3days 2 go feels like im having a breakdown

brad scott

hi all only 3 days till my op in telford and im starting to question why i having this op yes im fat and i always struggle to lose weight but can i do this ive read all ur fantastic posts and am amazed at peoples stories but can i do this i ate like a horse drank like a horse i could drink pints and pints of juice pop etc and now sipping seems so scray and also chewing ur food like 25 to 30 times ive been practising and its hard have u all gone thro this feeling before your op would any of u go back to your old lifes any comment will help me thanks
Brad x

thank u so much i dont usually panaic but this is a different kettle of fish just hope things go ok
brad x

I think everyone goes through this - no matter what surgery they are having.

It's a major decision you have taken -and I am sure you have thought this through - but it's not surprising that you are having worries about it.

I'm sure you will be fine and be glad to be on the losing side.

thank u so much i dont usually panaic but this is a different kettle of fish just hope things go ok
brad x

They will hun and your gonna look and feel great.......I was so scared and convinced i would die on the table and i was alot bigger than you, Its a big deal youre going through but you will be just great x

Reactions: Bev
i cant get hang of the chewing food bit either hun, food tastes sooo disgusting if you chew it too much - it really alters the taste doesnt it? do you find that?
i bet what your feeling is normal, every1 must go through it - im sure i will when my time comes but you gotta weigh up the pros and cons - would you rather have to chew your food properly or would you rather stay the size you are if not bigger? because without surgery your weight will probs spiral updards, mine will!
they say the best way of getting used to sipping is using a baby cup - ive allready got mine ready! or a sports bottle, ive got one of them too but i still suck a mouth full out before swallowing so ill be better of with the child sippy cup!
youl get there - one step at a time! and in 6 months time youll look back on this thread and think... im so glad i did it!

good luck with your op luv xxx

hi there
the way you are feeling is so very normal and everyone has a post like this to look back on. I cancelled one op and waited a year until I had it done. It was a big mistake to cancel and I am so glad I went through with it in the end.
Just recognise this for what it is - nerves - no more no less. You will be great. The chewing and drinking will be fine so just focus on the end result to get you through it
Bets wishes to you and keep posting for help if you need it
Love jo XX

yeah i agree that everyone must feel like this before they have the op and im sooooooo looking forward 2 looking and feeling great playing football with my son etc thank u for all your lovley support and comments i will keep you all posted through out next week
brad x

Good luck hun, these thoughts must be normal, i'm pre op and have a long way to go in comparison but even i have these feeling creep in. Stay strong and you'll get through it no problems x

ive also been looking for a protein juice to have after my op or when i need it i purchased the book return to slender and she recommends syntrax whey isolate juice has anyone had this or cvould recommend anything else
brad x

Reactions: Bev
Brad, take a few minutes to think about all the reasons you wanted this op......I used to get feelings of panic all the time and I just used to go through in my head....even sometimes writing down the reasons why I needed this op.....it always worked to calm me down. :D You will be fine XX

It must be hard and frightening at the stage you are at. I am pre-op and get the odd moment too! As already said keep hold of the reasons you want the op, imagine yourself playing football with your son, and how much better you will feel when it's all been done. I don't think anyone on the forum has regretted their op (not that I have seen anyway).

Hopefully you are starting to feel better about it all. Just keep posting and people who have experienced what you are going through will be on to reassure you.

Hello love, what you are feeling is so normal.
I had my bypass 2 and half weeks ago and i cryed all the way up to the admissions ward as you have to go up there alone.
Before i knew it i was all done and in recovery then HDU for the night.
You will be fine but we all go through the motions in our own way....Good Luck love. xx

Brad, I can't tell you how much this op has changed my life already, just 5 months out. I have lost a great amount of weight but I find life in general SO much easier. The very worst part of the WHOLE process for me was the pre=op diet and you are almost done with that.

Afterwards, I was very nervous about trying anything new, but I was super careful about fats and sugar (made my own soups and semolina and custard etc so I could use sweetener or nothing in them) and slowly built up to more solid food as I felt ready. You honestly don't want to neck gallons of drink and food, and I used to be a big gulper of drinks and someone who always ate really fast. I won't chew 25-30 times, I just concentrate on eating and chew until I feel its enough and then I have no problems. I have had the odd ting get stuck, but have not thrown up since about 8 weeks post op as you soon learn :)

I was very very nervous pre op, I sobbed taking my children to school on the day I was admitted as I was so sure I would never see them again (!) but once I was admitted and left alone, with the other patients and lovely staff, spoke to the anaesthetist etc, I was just SO excited.

Its the chance of a lifetime, in my opinion, and it would be odd if you weren't scared of the op and the unknown afterwards, but really, its NOT THAT AWFUL :) :)

Good luck xxx

Hello Brad,

Hold onto us please precious, we are all 'survivors' and in the main we are delighted to be losing our weight.

It's so normal to feel terrible anxiety pre op... we are all the same... but it's amazing how soon it's over and then we can readjust to a better way of living.

Here if I can help, as is everyone else, sending a humungous hug and just get in touch if you need me anytime.

With your every step.

Love and hugs, Bev xxx

thank u bev and dell for ur kind and caring replies i feel a little better 2day ive been out the house having a long walk with my girlfriend talking about everything how did you guys feel like after u came round from your surgery were u in alot of pain or was it just uncomftable how long were u both in hospital for
Brad xx

I was in for 3 nights... and was tired more than in pain, then had some windy type pain around my back and tum, but they had me on a morphine drip... I've had far worse ops in all honesty Brad and for me, in my experience, this was not as bad as the majority of the rest, particularly a full hysterectomy... try not to worry love, it's soon behind you.

Love and hugs Brad xxx

Brad,
I was I'm for one night after mine,
The pain was honestly bearable,I didn't even use the morphine that was on offer.
If I'm honest the wind pain was the worse bit.
I just did some gentle walking and a bit of trumping it out..lol(which you have no choice on) it was totally fine x

Brad i'd have my op again tomorrow in a heart beat if i needed too....

You're just having normal thoughts that most of us have had...

Don't worry about chewing or sipping, believe me you'll swallow something once without chewing well and you will know about it, this is the best lesson you will get! As for sipping the same thing, if you gulp you will feel it (you shouldn't be sick from gulping) believe me and you soon learn not to gulp. I never used the baby cup or a straw, i heard that you can sometimes suck in excess wind this way and this will just give you discomfort...

It will be trial and error but after a couple of errors you won't do it again :)

Sit back, relax and let it all flow over you :) xx

Back