• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was scared then ok now 3days 2 go feels like im having a breakdown

hi all only 3 days till my op in telford and im starting to question why i having this op yes im fat and i always struggle to lose weight but can i do this ive read all ur fantastic posts and am amazed at peoples stories but can i do this i ate like a horse drank like a horse i could drink pints and pints of juice pop etc and now sipping seems so scray and also chewing ur food like 25 to 30 times ive been practising and its hard have u all gone thro this feeling before your op would any of u go back to your old lifes any comment will help me thanks
Brad x

Brad, pal, take it easy and chill. I know it's hard but you're perfectly normal!

Things change, this time it's different. Your thoughts on food changes. It will change, I guarentee it!

I was in a few days, 4 in total but only because my swallow test was delayed which then had a knock on effect on my sipping...eating etc. As soon as I was able to stomach a few mouthfuls of yoghurt, I was outta that door!

I had nothing pain wise, only wind - this was eased by walking around and rubbing my tummy and letting it escape ;)

Brad, this is the best thing I have ever done, apart from marrying M and having my 2 lovely girls. I think what you're experiencing is normal. I just had to think of where will I be 5yrs from now without the op (6ft under according to my doctor). Now the girls and I are enjoying doing exercise together. On holiday M and the girls and I walked loads. I have rediscovered clothes that haven't been on my back in years. It's a good thing that I'm not a real follower of fashion and a lot of my clothes are more classical.

As Jacqui and a few others have said. Write out the pros and cons and the consequences of having or not having your surgery. It might help you feel more at ease about your decision.

I was in hospital 2 nights as I had to spend a night on HDU because of health issues. I didn't use the morphine pump but did take oral analagesia for the wind pain. I found the solpadeine really helped with this.

As everyone has said your feelings are normal.

I still wonder why I just couldn't eat less before - thing is I CAN'T eat much now even when I want to.

I found all the protein drinks were awful - the best was Syntrax Nectar and that was terrible in my opinion.

As a DSer I need 100 gm protein a day - and I got mine form soups, milky drinks and added plain protein and milk powder.

I won't need my op again - but if I did I would do it again in a blink of an eye - how can I be so sure I won't regain? - because I couldn't face having that much pain again and existing on such strong pain killers - I may regain - but I'll never be that large again.

Good luck you will be fine

x

bite the bullet brad, ur'll be so glad you did its a learning curve for all of us , it will become a second nature and u will soon be thinking god i wish i had done this years ago
all the best with your opp
see you on the loser's bench
redards steve

You will be just fine! I remember coming out of my surgery and slowly waking up. One of the nurses-I could hear her say "Oh bless! Look at this one-her little legs are already going-she wants to walk!" LOL!

You have the WILL to make it through. You have support and love from your family and friends and you have a lifetime of pain from the excess weight-and you have all this new education on how your can transform.

It's ALL good!

thank u guys for your kind support im just getting ready to go into hospital for some reason they want me in a day early before my op so am just packing my bag and i will be on my way i have taken all your comments on board and just want it over with now so i can start my new healthy life style with my family hopefully i will have signal in hospital so i can keep u all informed how things went
again thank you for your support means everything
much love brad xx

brad .................. firstly wishing you all the best !
but as everyone else says this is very normal, i even asked my hubby not to take me to hossy it will ok i will cope i am 6 weeks out now and it was the best thing i ever done.
and i have lost 2 stone since op xxx
i have never been sick but i have got a couple of things stuck. i have to becareful not to gulp drinks as thats my downfall........... but i get the water bottles with sports lids this helps alot x
honestly hun go for it your be pleased you did xxx

We are with you Brad... just go with the flow and take a book or wordsearch and lose yourself. That's how I deal with it, it's soon done and you'll be home before you know it.

Love and hugs xxx

Brad, good luck for tomorrow just hang on to the thought of your much longed for new you. Food will no longer rule you, how wonderful.
Look forward to your post op post and hearing all about it.

Huge pre-op hug

Linski xxx

so glad i'm not the only one, I have mine 2moro and all these thoughts and more have been going though my mind. Even thought of cancelling on sunday but today its all gone and i will be fine so will you , good luck and see you on the losers bench ! x

Good morning everyone well my nite in hospital went ok didn't sleep much and they woke me up at 6 lol well I'm having my op around 10ish is 2day the dreaded feeling has gone and I'm looking forward to my new life at least my mobile works so I can keep in contact with everyone will try and keep u posted later
Much love Brad xx

Good luck and all the very best for today Brad! x

All the very best Brad and hope we hear from someone soon with an update... Loads of love xxx

Back