• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i was scared then ok now 3days 2 go feels like im having a breakdown

thinkign of you luv - looking forward to hearing your on that loosers bench - save a spot for me wont ya xxx

Hi Brad, Hope all has gone well. I have only just picked up the thread and was going to reassure you that you are in good hands with Mr Sigurdsson. I had my by-pass on 1st December and felt exactly as you and others did, I was convinced at 28 stone that I was going to die under the anaesthetic and leave my wife kids alone etc (very morbid and depressing etc) however after a few uncomfortable days and some adjustments over the following few weeks I realised I shouldn't have worried !. 3 months down the line things feel more "normal" than ever, i've dropped over 7 stone, feel so much better, the only difference is I only have to eat a small amount, but feel like I've had a belly buster pub meal, bonus !! Once the op is done and dusted you start to think of it as "the start of the rest of your life", good luck with your journey, please keep us posted on how your doing, I know you can get a good 3G signal at PRH, especially in the HDU ! ;o) Matt

Hey Brad, just to let you know my hubby did the same and if the truths known a lot of people do its a big thing but you will feel so much better further down the line just take it easy in the beginning, best wishes xxxx

Hey everyone I'm doing good I'm up out of bed drinking water playing the nurses up I have a serious bad pain in my right shoulder but nothing i can't cope with as for the op it went well theysay I can go home 2moro fingers crossed but its ok in here tho tv internet just miasing my little boy terrible let's hope I get some sleep 2nite
Brad x

Hi

I am pre op and my op is in 5 days time and I am feeling everything you are too. Looking at the date you posted this, today was your op date so, I hope it all went ok and you are now on the road to recovery.

Wishing you all the best

Debbie x

Good morning all well I feel a little bit sorer 2day but I have managed plenty of water and I'm now on Orange juice which taste so Sweet its Weird I never thought I would say that.
I would like to thank everyone for supporting me and telling me that it would be fine you were all right there is nothing to worry about so for all u guys who are waitin for the op don't be scared it WILL be fine now I've had it done please fell free to contact me at any time i will answer ur questions as best I can.
I've joined the losers bench and it feels good
Brad xx

Welcome to the loosers bench Brad, Im so pleased it all went well for you.........I could say "we told you so!" lol but I wont ;) XX

hey all please help
Ive got home from hospital and am a bit low feels like im over drinking but my urine is yellow so accoring to my book im not drinking enough im drinking water and no added sugar orange juice has anyone got any advice ive had a by pass
love a upset brad xx

Hi Brad, good to hear from you and we've been waiting for you... I've been drinking a lot of water and it helps... plus it's the way to be sure by the colour of your urine.

Rest and take it easy, clear soups... no bits or lumps and get loads of rest.

Here if you need me.

Love and hugs and well done xxx

thank u bev for ur quick reply im sorry to ask so many questions but im a littler scared when u drink lots of water does ur pouch feel full,does it feel like u cant drink any more, if my urine is yellow and itr feels like i cant drink anymore what should i do, do u have measured drinks or just have a normal cup, i had my op less than 24 hours ago my belly feels so sore is that normal
thank u so much for helping me i really really am grateful for ur love help and advice
brad xx

I would say its all normal lovey for the stage you are at.
Sipping bloats you up so much doesnt it.
I think this will be the case untill day 5 or 6 then the bloatedness will go down. I leave an hour between eating and drinking as 30 mins wasnt enough so try that.. take it easy i was just the same and didnt know if i was coming or going..rest and give yourself time and you will feel a lot better in a few days. xx

Hi Brad, it's sipping not gulping precious and take it very steady... the early days are about getting your system moving very slowly and steadily... and gently flushing your system after so many drugs... I couldn't take big mouthfuls but managed to build up and with teaspoons of clear soup... with you Angel... love and hugs xxx

Don't be upset brad,

Your doing fine,everything is new and overwhelming and your very sore.
When I came out of hospital I had at least something to eat every couple of hours,
It was either an oxo drink,a no added sugar jelly,a mullerlight yogurt,clear soup.
I could only manage a baby cup portion, and also to drink I had vimto,the no added sugar type.
You've just got to take one day at a time,and rest.
Well done you xxxx

Hey Brad
I'm 5 days post-op, can tell you what you're feeling is completely normal. You won't be able to drink large amounts of fluid from the beginning, you will need to build up. The important thing is to drink as much as you can, but remember to sip and not gulp, as gulping can give you some pain. Take it easy, give your body some time to recover :)
Hope you feel better soon :)

hey all had a bad nite last nite felt like i had a trapped wind or nerves in my shoulder i didnt get a wink of sleep but good news for me but bad for my partner i have been burping and trumping for england and feel so much better i am still trying to drink as much as i can im going to try a tiny bit of sugar free jelly later on 2day see how i go
hope your all ok
brad xx

Its not nice Brad but you will only be able to manage a few tsp of anything for now. The more wind you can get out the better you will feel. Im 3 weeks out now and after just one sip of water i burp. hahaha anyone would think its fizzy pop but its just water.
Its early days for you love but you will feel a lot better when the bloatedness and gas goes from your tum.
You will be amazed in a few days how different you will feel. Slowly does it..x

Back