• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

having a band...and im only 20 :0

costaerer

hi all!!

im from manchester and im 20....!!

and im hopefully having a band first week in november!! i never realised how simple it is to get the op on the nhs!! if id have wanted it i could have had it 4 weeks from when i saw the bariatric nurse(obout 2 weeks since referred from gp!):eek:

i have an appt with dr ammori(i can see lots of you banders had him do ur op!) at spire on 16th...not rly sure what to expect :rolleyes:

Im feeling slightly apprehensive about the operation as im only 20 and feel quite young to be doing something so drastic, but if i want to live a 'normal' like, and have a social life...and have kids(which is a big factor) then im gna have to have the band coz ive tried every diet under the sun !!!!!!!! i just cant stick at anything or shift my lazy ass!:kissass:

not quite sure why im writing this,i guess for words of encouragement! :D:D:D

good luck with the banding, i hope all goes well, im sure you have chosen the right op for you and i hope it works out well xx

liz xxx

Hi Costa, Thats great news for you .
Read up and research on here lots of information to digest. You have come to right place.
Lots of us on here from greater Manchester and there is a social meet up for any one who is pre op ,interested, or post op at the Lowry centre in the meeting section .

I think i was in shock aalso when i arranged my date and hae been busy planning my foods for after the op etc.
Keep posting re feeling, questions ,emotions somebody on here will have had them or done them.
lots of best wishes Mia

Hi, if you have it done now your not going to waist time Yo-Yo dieting for years and ending up twice as fat, like i have.
Good luck with opp. Sue

Hi

If only it was that easy for everyone across the country, unfortunatly it isnt. Im so pleased for you though, like others have said sorting your weight out at this age will save years and years of yo yoing in years to come.

Good luck x

Hi hun, I had my band just over a week ago and I am just turned 22, like you I want to live a 'normal' social life, have kids etc so go for it girl!! xx If u wanna talk just email me, I have msn or facebook x

hi and welcome to mini's. Good luck on your band :D

welcome to mini's and good luck for your op as others have said wish id had my band when i was your age would have been a godsend best thing i ever did and im sure you will think the same once you have had yours goodluck x

hi all!!

im from manchester and im 20....!!

and im hopefully having a band first week in november!! i never realised how simple it is to get the op on the nhs!! if id have wanted it i could have had it 4 weeks from when i saw the bariatric nurse(obout 2 weeks since referred from gp!):eek:

i have an appt with dr ammori(i can see lots of you banders had him do ur op!) at spire on 16th...not rly sure what to expect :rolleyes:

Im feeling slightly apprehensive about the operation as im only 20 and feel quite young to be doing something so drastic, but if i want to live a 'normal' like, and have a social life...and have kids(which is a big factor) then im gna have to have the band coz ive tried every diet under the sun !!!!!!!! i just cant stick at anything or shift my lazy ass!:kissass:

not quite sure why im writing this,i guess for words of encouragement! :D:D:D

Hello there luvy!

Your not alone in the age thing, i only turned 21 a couple of weeks ago and im having surgery asap.
But i am hoping for the bypass rather than the band.

I, like you, cannot wait to have a "normal" life. I want to be a primary school teacher and cannot wait till i am slim and in my own classroom!!

If you ever want to chat just email me, i have facebook!! :D

:) xxxxxxxxxx

Hi I am 22 and had a band in June this year. Its the best thing I have ever done and I would have done it at 14 never mind 22 :)

hi welcome to minis this is great site with very nice suportive people who are here cause we are all in the same boat soto speak,im having a bypass at salford royal with mr ammori hopefully at the end of this month. as the others said you are doing the right thing having it done now as take it from one who knows being overweight all your life is truly awfull i just wish i could have had it done years ago. good luck for op and for the great future im sure it will bring you...........kath x

Hi Costa,
Just wanted to wish you luck with the op - looks like you'll find loads of support on here from people who've been there and come through it.
I admire everyone who has gone through this kind of surgery - it must take a lot of courage.
Best of luck
yoyo
xx

Hi Costaerer welcome to minis. I had my band done 3 months ago and its the best thing ever.I wish I'd had it done years ago.

Well done you , hope it all goes well for you.

As so many have said before, it's great that you're getting it done now rather than waiting until you have had years and years of yo-yoing (like me!) Good luck x

Hiya babe - good luck! Im 234 and have had the bypass as I have been trying for kids for 4 years. I am getting married in May and want to try again for kids at a stable weight after I get married. Age is nothing, prevention is as good as a cure. Ive learnt that recently. Im also in Manchester...us northern girls love gravy! hahahah
Anyway, Im on facebook and msn if you ever want a chat! PM if you do
Sally xx

Back