• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I was surprised

phatmomma

As i said on a previous thread, i was out partying with old family last night. Something someone said really really surprised me. It was an old friend of my ex sister in law who i've known for probably 20 years and sat in slimming world having a laugh n a joke with for a good portion of that time....

I was walking across the dance floor (unavoidable) when she spotted me (for the first time in about 5 yrs) and she did a double take and then mouthed to me ''OMG you look fab!" Which was wonderful and i smiled and thanked her.... Later when i passed her again she asked after me and then said ''I can't call you BIG JULIE'' anymore, i'll have to call you medium Julie''......... I was gobsmacked, absolutely gobsmacked that i'd been called this for god knows how many years... Especially as she's a plump girl!

Just wondering how many other people have 'special' names for me too!

Wrong way round... I'm that used to be being called Big Bev... medium Bev will be something at least...

I bet you shocked them all!

Love and hugs xxx

Last edited:
Bev? Referring to me as Big Julie wasn't much of a compliment. But the after chat was nice :) xx

It does make you wonder what our 'labels' are sometimes Julie... love and hugs xxx

p.s... forgot to wish you all the very best for tomorrow... we'll be willing you on your way and hoping more than anything that you get very good news! xxx

Last edited:
you should have told her others just refer to you as juicy julie now and walked away leaving her with that ;o)

Cheeky mare !!!! How rude even if she did call u that she shouldn't have said it.... Obviously very jealous of you, take no notice xx

medium is better than large eh? - gotta admit tho... id have slapped her,. cheeky cow! lol

We shouldn't be awarded with any labels but often we are... it's not going to be forever because we are going 'down' big style... yet up in confidence... if it ever happens again... next time around... Julie will have to be ready and return the 'compliment'... have it ready and rehearsed!

Love and hugs xxx

Fat Laura- yep u heard me right my best friends in laws call me that bcus there's me Laura and her other friend Laura who's small and thin so wen referring to me they say fat Laura I don't really get on with them to b fair but I think it's bcus of this I think they r god damn rude... Ok yes I am fat but there's things I could think I could call them but I don't... It was there 70 yr old nan that started it and now they all say it well her mother and father in law do and the nan and grandad and her sister in law carnt wait to show them wen iv lost my weight xx

Ignorance... and insensitivity... costs nothing to be kind to each other and share a mutual respect... we'll weather the storms together Laura... and just wait... your day will come Angel xxx

Back