• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IBS - post op

J-Mo

:wave_cry:

Anyone suffered with this post op?

I suffered pre-op but after my bypass 02/10/10, I've not suffered with it until now.

To say I'm in agony is an understatement!! My mebeverine/colofac don't seem to be working & I can't get appointment with my GP!!

HELP :cry:

Sorry to hear that J-Mo! I can't really advise, but hope you get an appointment and help very soon! xx

I'm sorry that I can't help other than suggest probiotics.

I'm a Pre-Opper who suffers from IBS, and have wondered how it will be post-op. I've simply imagined a x's 2 ratio whenever I heard the word diarrhea or constipation.

For those of you who have it, what do you do to keep it in balance?

I had it before wls but (touch wood)nothing since!
Baked beans would cripple me,spasms and sweating.Rolling round on the bed wanting to die pain!Now I can eat a couple of spoonfuls and Im fine.

J-Mo your doc should keep some appointments for emergencies most doctors do, you just have to get past the receptionist. I would try phoning them again and ask what your suppose to do as your in a lot of pain. Hope you feel better soon x

J-Mo your doc should keep some appointments for emergencies most doctors do, you just have to get past the receptionist. I would try phoning them again and ask what your suppose to do as your in a lot of pain. Hope you feel better soon x

They used to but have a new appointment system where you can book up to a month ahead so no longer offer emergency appointments.

Her advice was to go to the drop in centre!!

I can hardly walk never mind drive to drop-in, everyone's at work so got no one to take me :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that hon and wish I could suggest something else to help, hope you get sorted soon though x

Sorry you're suffering J-Mo. When you do actually see your GP it might be worth asking him for a hypnotherapy referal. I attended a lecture on IBS and the NICE recommendations have it as one of the primary treatments, especially when you've had it for more than a year. The guy had some really brilliant examples of success and the science behind it was good too .
Hope it settles down soon

Hi, I have IBS. I noticed a definite drop in bouts post op, but a rise when I was pregnant. Now I get only about 1-2 episodes per month. I use buscopan as an anti-spasmodic and an over the counter wind relief as those tend to be my worst symptoms.

I found pre-op that my trigger foods were wheat, lactose, pork, apple, cauliflower and turkey. I eliminated these and my IBS practically disappeared, I then gradually reintroduced them after 6 months one at a time and discovered my limits. Maybe an elimination diet to discover your triggers would be worthwhile if you find it is becoming too frequent again?

Best if luck, IBS episodes are horrendous so I hope you can find some fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back