• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ice cream

happy days

Over two years post bypass and really really want a mr whippy ice cream but everyone seems to be ill of them. Is there anyone who is ok with ice cream. ??

Sounds stupid but i really scared to try it. Iam ok with most things but loads of people have said they got the runs really bad. Be ok if I tried it at home but we never have a ice cream van anywhere near.

Sounds stupid but i really scared to try it. Iam ok with most things but loads of people have said they got the runs really bad. Be ok if I tried it at home but we never have a ice cream van anywhere near.

I shouldn't laugh..but it was you saying trying a whippy at home incase of runs..
There's still plenty of foods I'm scared to have,but when I want to try something new I always do when I'm at home and a loo is in running distance..lol

I shouldn't laugh..but it was you saying trying a whippy at home incase of runs..
There's still plenty of foods I'm scared to have,but when I want to try something new I always do when I'm at home and a loo is in running distance..lol

Better to be safe than sorry lol

My op was a year and a half ago, not had icecream (useless bit of info over) but I have had the fat free frozen yogurt that you get in places - looks like a Mr Whippy, tastes lovely and you can have it blended with any fruit you fancy. Toppings are a bit hit and miss, but fruit and nut options are tastier than a flake anyway! I've had it in a couple of places, the cinema and large shopping centre.

If it really has to be a real ice cream I suppose you will have to put a pair of extra knickers and baby wipes in your bag and hope for the best - hardly sounds worth the risk!!

Ian not desperate enough to have to start carrying spare knickers about lol.
Sure hubby might get a bit suspicious

I am fine with icecream:) but dumped on greek yoghurt that I had added a teaspoon of honey to!

I think as long as we're sticking to sensible portions we'll probably be okay.

The knicker thing was a joke, I'm just not traditionally funny! Good luck with it if you go for it.

The knicker thing was a joke, I'm just not traditionally funny! Good luck with it if you go for it.

The hubby getting jealous was also a joke lol.
Going to bite the bullet and try it, Iam not a huge ice cream fan but really fancy a whippy

I've had it a couple of times, well no since my illness kicked in I've had it a few times, in fact they prescribed it for me while I was in hospital, it used to turn up with the rest of my drugs LOL

Sometimes it makes me sick as a dog after one lick, other times I can get half a cone down before I feel crappy but it always makes me feel crappy. It's good for my situation though as its calorie dense so helps me maintain my weight.

If you're going to try it darlin then make sure you're home as there is nothing worse than being sick outside, but ice cream really is one of those foods that you really never know with. Good luck if you try it and take care gorgeous xxx

I've had it a couple of times, well no since my illness kicked in I've had it a few times, in fact they prescribed it for me while I was in hospital, it used to turn up with the rest of my drugs LOL

Sometimes it makes me sick as a dog after one lick, other times I can get half a cone down before I feel crappy but it always makes me feel crappy. It's good for my situation though as its calorie dense so helps me maintain my weight.

If you're going to try it darlin then make sure you're home as there is nothing worse than being sick outside, but ice cream really is one of those foods that you really never know with. Good luck if you try it and take care gorgeous xxx

Hi Karl
Thought u disappeared of face off. The earth lol
Iam at Norfolk broads next Saturday. My first reasonably skinny hols on the broads lol. Might give it a try.

Hi Karl
Thought u disappeared of face off. The earth lol
Iam at Norfolk broads next Saturday. My first reasonably skinny hols on the broads lol. Might give it a try.

No Hun just crazy busy. I'll be less busy by Wednesday this week. We are going to London this weekend to see Wicked. I've wanted to see it for years, and I know it's about to start a UK tour, but its not here in God's city until September and that might well be too late for me and I want to see it so when the wife said let's go to London I jumped at it.

We got great matinee ticketś so we could try to get a nice restaurant for dinner. We tried a few to no avail then I rang Atul Kochhar's Benares Michelin star place expecting to be told come back in six months :D after they heard the reason why it had to be this weekend they agreed to open up a private room for us so they could fit us in, how great are they? I can't wait to be honest, wanted to see the show for years, and wanted to eat at Atul's for ages.

Have a great time on the Broads, a mate of mine did it last year and had a hoot. Take care and especially if you're going to go for the full whip :8855:

Mmm I have said I will treat myself to ice cream when we go away in August as I have now reached goal. Let us know if you manage it!
And karlos wicked is my fave musical- went for second time this year ( anniversary). Hope you enjoy it as much and the meal too!!

No Hun just crazy busy. I'll be less busy by Wednesday this week. We are going to London this weekend to see Wicked. I've wanted to see it for years, and I know it's about to start a UK tour, but its not here in God's city until September and that might well be too late for me and I want to see it so when the wife said let's go to London I jumped at it.

We got great matinee tickets so we could try to get a nice restaurant for dinner. We tried a few to no avail then I rang Atul Kochhar's Benares Michelin star place expecting to be told come back in six months :D after they heard the reason why it had to be this weekend they agreed to open up a private room for us so they could fit us in, how great are they? I can't wait to be honest, wanted to see the show for years, and wanted to eat at Atul's for ages.

Have a great time on the Broads, a mate of mine did it last year and had a hoot. Take care and especially if you're going to go for the full whip :8855:

Hope you have a fab weekend, Atuls will be great Iam so jealous.
And less of the kind of talk about not been around in September. Slapped hands mr king.

Hope you have a fab weekend, Atuls will be great Iam so jealous.
And less of the kind of talk about not been around in September. Slapped hands mr king.

Just being realistic honey. I'm falling apart these days. This week for instance I've got the anti coagulation clinic Monday for the clots in my legs from the cancer, Tuesday I'm at the Diabetic clinic for a review, Wednesday morning I'm at the cancer clinic for chemo, in the afternoon I'm at the Palliative care clinic to try to find a regime of pain relief that works because its currently outrageous. Wednesday night I have to go back to Christie's to see a urologist and Friday I have to see the District nurse to get my chemo pump removed. I'm on 42 tablets a day plus liquid morphine up to six times a day for the breakthrough pain. That can't be good or go on for much longer so I'm just being realistic honey xxx

Just being realistic honey. I'm falling apart these days. This week for instance I've got the anti coagulation clinic Monday for the clots in my legs from the cancer, Tuesday I'm at the Diabetic clinic for a review, Wednesday morning I'm at the cancer clinic for chemo, in the afternoon I'm at the Palliative care clinic to try to find a regime of pain relief that works because its currently outrageous. Wednesday night I have to go back to Christie's to see a urologist and Friday I have to see the District nurse to get my chemo pump removed. I'm on 42 tablets a day plus liquid morphine up to six times a day for the breakthrough pain. That can't be good or go on for much longer so I'm just being realistic honey xxx

Lost for words.....got emotional reading this x
I really hope you have a wonderful time watching wicked and having your meal karlos x

It's **** Karl but Iam a great believer in positive mental attitude and your a very strong willed bloke. We were the same when our Justin was on life support waiting for his heart then it all went tits up when he finally got one his kidneys packed up. Doctors and Hosp apps galore still and my cupboard is like boots the chemist, the poor little bugger rattles when he walks but he's pretty much like yourself, just gets on with it.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend cos u certainly deserve it x
Take care babes

Back