• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ideas for the fat free diet?

Suzanne5000

Six Month Post Op
I have just started my fat free pre-op diet, just wondering what people eat to fill the days??

so far i have had grilled chicken, vegtables and fat free yogurt........any more ideas?

xxxxx

There are loads of ideas in the sticky sections above the main forum.

The best way to get thru is variety :)

found on another site ..

A poached vegetable and chicken soup would be nice, if not snazzy, I did one for a friend with similar health issues totally fat-free, used some Asian flavors, just poach in the order needed to just cook the vegetables and boneless chicken breast.

Greek Yogurt Dip
Non-fat Greek yogurt
Fresh Lemon juice, garlic, chopped cilantro leaves, mint, scallions (to taste), s&p
Combine and let the flavors meld, serve with raw vegetables or use as a sauce over fish or chicken.

you could also make tandoori style chicken breast with non-fat yogurt and tandoori spices or paste, grill it on a non-stick grill indoors to avoid using oil.

sorry to edit: what about a japanese style meal, miso soup with tofu, sticky rice, grilled fish, daikon radish. I guess you should avoid the oily fishes.

Also, I've used non-fat evaporated milk instead of cream in recipes, it's a pure, quality product, nice combined with non-fat chicken stock as a sauce.

Squash and Carrot Casserole (serves 8 portions so you can freeze)

2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp each butter and brown sugar
1 tsp each salt and ground ginger

Topping:

1 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (I used about 3 slices of bread
and put them in the food processor)
1/4 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp melted butter

1. In large pot or Dutch oven, cook squash and carrots in just enough
water to cover, until tender, 20 to 30 min. Drain and mash till smooth.
Beat in orange juice, butter, brown sugar, salt and ginger. Spoon
into
13x9 greased baking dish and spread evenly.

2. Topping: In small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, seeds and butter.
Sprinkle over squash mixture. BAke in 350 oven for 30 to 35 minutes
and serve.

How about grilled vegetable sandwiches (peppers,portabello mushrooms, courgette(zucchni), baby vine tomatoes, garlic,drizzled with some balsamico and sprinkled with fresh basil leaves...served in ciabatta or french bread...you can prepare the vegetables then keep them in the fridge for quick sandwiches

or

fat free hummus (using non fat yoghurt instead of oil) served with pitta breads and a nice salad

or

chicken breast fillets cooked in a tomato sauce with onion, black olives,garlic, oregano and capers ....or use fish fillets, cooked the same way...serve with rice or couscous

or

potato salad with honey and mustard dressing (mix equal quantities of honey and mustard and mix with some fat free yoghurt and add a bit of balsamico if you like), add to potatoes with some sliced spring onions and chopped red peppers (roasted peppers taste even better)...would go well with grilled chicken.

or

risotto style dishes (without the butter),with vegetables or seafood added (peas, artichokes, prawns etc)

Hey Brett
Can see why your shopping bill is high with all those wonderful recipes.

Ali

Thankyou brett they all sounds really wonderful i shall be printing this off and making good use of those in the next 2 weeks and probably after......now i just need to convince my boyf to cook them all for me lol xxxx

wow brett, you were on a roll there luv!!! lol

i only have to do my pe op diet for 1 days, and its a low fat low carb diet... im kindda looking forward to it lol

.x.

Back