• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If we can get through this...

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
...We can get through anything!!

I have been sitting thinking this morning about just how stressful this WLS journey is.

Then I thought of how for a lot of us stress is what would trigger us to eat bad foods or too much food.

Then we get into this journey where we have to lose weight, maintain losses, be put under untold stress and pressure and still manage to keep marching on hoping against hope we are approved for funding, or medical approval at the MDT meetings, that partners will support us, that friends wont judge us.:wave_cry:

I simply am trying to say that if we can be put under all this pressure and still move in the right direction, that must be a good sign for how well we could potentially cope post op.:cool:

I think this should be like a groan thread lol...We groan about what is stressing us and then breathe, let it go and keep our eyes on the prize:D

I know there is a few pre-oppers who feel the same as me lol

like grrrrrrrrrrrr lol

Maybe this thread is a product of the fact that this journey has made me stir crazy. I am now ready to be taken to Rampton :8855:

Exactly. And when we pass the trials we can look back and know we can achieve anything we put our minds too. Empowered and in control.

Great place to be :)

I was crazy before I started my WLS rollercoster lol.
It is a very emotional time. I haven't had to wait years like some people who have been so strong and managed 100x better than think I could have done. I think it is a journey that makes us fighters (it has me) I want to get to that light at the end and start the next chapter in my life.
I am raising a glass (water as its a little early for mead lol) to all those who have and those that are over come the twist and turns of the WLS rollercoster your brave and strong. Good luck to everyone don't ever give up xx

I was crazy before I started my WLS rollercoster lol.
It is a very emotional time. I haven't had to wait years like some people who have been so strong and managed 100x better than think I could have done. I think it is a journey that makes us fighters (it has me) I want to get to that light at the end and start the next chapter in my life.
I am raising a glass (water as its a little early for mead lol) to all those who have and those that are over come the twist and turns of the WLS rollercoster your brave and strong. Good luck to everyone don't ever give up xx

What a lovely post. Hits the nail on the head and made me feel emotional.

I think you and your hubby have been amazing. The strength between you to get you through this journey is lovely. Bright blessings and best wishes to you both. Really hope the iron injections work out for you xxx

We are all products of our life experiences so far, & I have had much worse problems/happenings in my life than being overweight so I have a more pragmatic approach to it all. I was deliriously happy to get the surgery & am extremely grateful for the opportunity, but it was for health reasons primarily so I can be here for my family, that I started off on the WLS route. The smaller clothes etc is a mahoosive bonus :D:D I do wish I had had it when I was younger but don't know if I would have pursued it then as I did not have any health problems until later on, so it would not have entered my head then.
You do need an immense amount of patience & willpower to get to the prize (some more than others :() but feel it is so worth it because the time spent waiting is time used to research & accustom ourselves to what is to come post op.
Sooooo good luck Fuffs ... hope this week brings the news you have waited for so long, honey, mwah xxx :):)

i wonder exactly we have spent on diets and fads pluss all those books not only is going to save the government money it will save us

i wonder exactly we have spent on diets and fads pluss all those books not only is going to save the government money it will save us
enough to pay for a bypass thats for sure lol

We are all products of our life experiences so far, & I have had much worse problems/happenings in my life than being overweight so I have a more pragmatic approach to it all. I was deliriously happy to get the surgery & am extremely grateful for the opportunity, but it was for health reasons primarily so I can be here for my family, that I started off on the WLS route. The smaller clothes etc is a mahoosive bonus :D:D I do wish I had had it when I was younger but don't know if I would have pursued it then as I did not have any health problems until later on, so it would not have entered my head then.
You do need an immense amount of patience & willpower to get to the prize (some more than others :() but feel it is so worth it because the time spent waiting is time used to research & accustom ourselves to what is to come post op.
Sooooo good luck Fuffs ... hope this week brings the news you have waited for so long, honey, mwah xxx :):)

Well said as always and thank you very much :)

Health was a motivator for me too. I was having terrible back problems and was in pain walking. At 29 it was more than I could take. Plus I looked at my kids and knew I wanted to make myself better for them. I say it like that because I feel it is an illness. Or it is/was for me anyway :)

I have spent more than I can even imagine. Almost knocks me sick tbh!

enough to pay for a bypass thats for sure lol

I hope I havent got to that amount:eek::8855:

Gosh Fuffs ... wot a gawjuss photo of you ... you airbrushing these cos you really are lovely, babe xxx :D:D

:ashamed0005: that is really sweet of you to say xxx I wish it was as nice as an airbrushed pic lol....

There is an old raggae song where he says:

'When face look good, body no ready. When body ready that face have difficulty'

lol....Thats me, the face looks ok, but the body is not ready :8855:

One day :break_diet::D:p:cool:

Lovely thread Fuffs, was also going to comment on your gorgeous photo too.

Aaw, thank you for both :)

It is really nice for you both to think my pic is nice :)

I am glad you like the thread too. I just want people to understand that they must be capable of more than they ever hoped to get through the trials and tribulations of this journey.

So many people on here are amazing. I just don't think they see it xxx

Aaw, thank you for both :)

It is really nice for you both to think my pic is nice :)

I am glad you like the thread too. I just want people to understand that they must be capable of more than they ever hoped to get through the trials and tribulations of this journey.

So many people on here are amazing. I just don't think they see it xxx

hey, i like it too :D lol

hey, i like it too :D lol

Thank you very much :) If I could blush now I would....But for some reason it is never clear when I blush :8855:

Thank you very much :) If I could blush now I would....But for some reason it is never clear when I blush :8855:
lol nutter, ive put a new pic up that might surprise ya fuffs :D

Is that on your profile? I am off to see :D

rofl!!! Where do I look?? Can't find it lol

Back