• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If you loss a fair bit weight before your band, could they stop you having it

babybell

i was thinking of trying the cambridge again i did it a while ago and lost two stones really quick, i couldnt keep it off though but i was wondering if you lost abit yourself would they say " you can do it alone without a band' ??????

i was thinking of trying the cambridge again i did it a while ago and lost two stones really quick, i couldnt keep it off though but i was wondering if you lost abit yourself would they say " you can do it alone without a band' ??????

Hello there

Logically thinking, If you know you wont be able to keep the weight off with cambridge diet why spend all that money??? Just stick to healthy eating or something and save your pennies . xx

All the best - MeJulie xx

i to wondered this and the girls assured me that as most people yo yo this wouldnt hinder the op, plus it depends on your trust, i know in sunderland they go on your BMI on your first intial appointment x

actually asked the dietician in Sunderland this question. She said NO as they know you can lose weight, it's keeping it off that's the tricky bit.

But I'm with Julie....especially as Sunderland don't even recommend protein shakes, they like you to eat 'proper' healthy food. + Cambridge diet stinks! YUCK couldn't stick it for more than 3 days! :(

at S/land anything lost after your 1st bmi is taken at the seminar, they will praise you for, it wont hinder your op and it will show your comitted to them x

Great thanks girls, i'll will stick to a healthy diet and going to the gym. xx

Don't know about the band but I was referred for a RNY bypass weighing nearly 17 stone. Whilst I was waiting to hear from them I decided to lose some weight anyway and did the Cambridge Diet. By the time I got my op date I was 14.9 and they were very happy to do the op still as I had a history of losing and then gaining. It really helps the operation though as my liver was small by the time I had the op - the surgeon commented that he wished all operations was as easy as mine because of my liver - so it's worth doing even if its just to shift some weight before the op.

stellap thats brilliant info i to am now waiting for my op and im 2 pounds away from a stone and im aiming for another stone before i go back in october x

Back