• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

il bore you all with my story so far.... :)

funky24

So i got funding in place, went to gp and picked my hospital (st richards,chichester) and had to fill out a questionnaire and 5 day food diary and take it back to gp for him to send in. And was told my MDT appointment would likely be april-may. Waited 3 and half weeks kept calling the hospital-no questionnaire arrived so i went bk to the gp and filled out another one and sent it my self on the friday. On the the following thursday i phoned them and they received BOTH questionnaires on the previous day, Now as the doctor delayed me my MDT is likely to be July! Kinda gutted, iv been trying to lose some weight and lost 8kg in total and now its all going back on :( so kind of down about that. In my head im already there, im ready now....but i guess il have to re learn PATIENCE ;) hmmmm i understand everyone has to wait but i get soooo paranoid that when i get there they will refuse me for some reason. My head is filled with all sorts of different emotions. I am so ready for my new life now and it needs to blooming hurry up! hehe :D Anyway yeah as you can see i ramble and im a chatterbox (one of the things im good at in this life) lol
Much love to you all
Bye for now
Lisa xxx

Hey Lisa, its a long journey for most of us im afraid, im sure someone from St Richards will be along who will be able to help you, good luck :) xxx

Hi Lisa,
Gonna break down parts of what you've said to give you some peace of mind....

So i got funding in place, went to gp and picked my hospital (st richards,chichester)

Great start - you chose a fast hospital, Ive just come out of there last week...Great surgeons and staff there...My Funding was approved in the November....Questionaire in the office by December/Janurary.....Consultation in Janurary, Pre op in March....Operation in the April (17th April 212 - Gastric Band) (see how fast it all was, less than 6 months from start to end!)

and had to fill out a questionnaire and 5 day food diary and take it back to gp for him to send in. And was told my MDT appointment would likely be april-may. Waited 3 and half weeks kept calling the hospital-no questionnaire arrived so i went bk to the gp and filled out another one and sent it my self on the friday. On the the following thursday i phoned them and they received BOTH questionnaires on the previous day, Now as the doctor delayed me my MDT is likely to be July!

I filled my questionaire out over december, had it back to them of my own accord, and by january i was given my consultation - (I guess thats what your calling MDT) They do the questionaires in batches...Keep on phoning them every week, just be polite and say 'is it my week yet' and the receptionist will check which batch your in, if its sooner or later x (I did, as I too was impatient, and she reassured me)

Kinda gutted, iv been trying to lose some weight and lost 8kg in total and now its all going back on :( so kind of down about that. In my head im already there, im ready now....but i guess il have to re learn PATIENCE ;)
I was like that too, so dont worry, your not the only one....perhaps just keep an eye on low calorie/fat foods....prepare yourself for fitness/excersize afterwards, go check out some classes (watch em) or gyms, to see if they are for you....Look around this site, learn more, so your more informed?
The time will pass in no time!

hmmmm i understand everyone has to wait but i get soooo paranoid that when i get there they will refuse me for some reason. My head is filled with all sorts of different emotions. I am so ready for my new life now and it needs to blooming hurry up! hehe :D

You shouldnt get refused if you do your homework....learn all the surgeries, if your not sure which one you want yet. Have questions ready to show you have done your homework. Explain why you want the surgery - not just to lose weight, but for a new lifestyle, new beginning. The fundings in place, its NHS....unless you go in there with an attitude thats like you dont really care or know what your talking about...then they shouldnt refuse you....

Anyway yeah as you can see i ramble and im a chatterbox (one of the things im good at in this life) lol
Much love to you all
Bye for now
Lisa xxx

I can talk for the United Kingdom let alone England lol....As Bob Hoskins used to say 'Its good to talk' lol x

Imma add you as a friend, as its good to see more people at the same hospital as me...I'll keep a check on your rants and raves, and help you as much as I can hun x

Aww thankyou guys, and thanks for separating it, it definately sinks in better with me when people do that :) you have made some good and fair comments, initially i just said band before i really knew a great deal about it, i have done lots of research and discovered bypass and i really think that would benefit me the most, iv been putting together a folder of hints,tips,information,space for before and after pics, questions to ask the surgeon etc.
I guess im just annoyed at my gp as the first appointment could of been april/may but ahh well :)
Ps Its defo ''good to talk'' hehe
Pps friend request accepted, look forward to 'talking' with you some more
Lisa xxx

Aww thankyou guys, and thanks for separating it, it definately sinks in better with me when people do that :) you have made some good and fair comments, initially i just said band before i really knew a great deal about it, i have done lots of research and discovered bypass and i really think that would benefit me the most, iv been putting together a folder of hints,tips,information,space for before and after pics, questions to ask the surgeon etc.

well done you....your ahead of most people...Always good to know what your talking about and that you have really thought about it.

I guess im just annoyed at my gp as the first appointment could of been april/may but ahh well :)

I bloody well would have been too...But...no crying over spilt milk, the paperworks in, your just waiting now. x

Ps Its defo ''good to talk'' hehe
Pps friend request accepted, look forward to 'talking' with you some more
Lisa xxx

Thank you :)

I was delayed two months because a locum doctor didnt send the paperwork off after I had chosen my provider. I was ~ and still am ~ gutted. Have still not had my op but other people I know that had their funding agreed around the same time are all sat on the losers bench. It's a stressful journey xxx

it does make you feel very angry and frustrated that some one is delaying your surgery doesnt it?! :/ but we live and learn. You want some thing done-ya gotta do it yourself eh
Best of luck in your journey and i hope we meet on the losers bench soon :) xx

Back