• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The story so far

Tubadale

Had my Bypass Saturday morning 31st, all went well, came home on Sunday 1st Feb. Good job I did I think with all the snow I would have had to stay in the hospital all week.
I seem to have had no problems at all, feeling a better each day and eating fine, no feelings of wanting to throw up :).

Things I have eaten up to now; tomato soup, veg soup (blitzed) rice crispies, bread & milk, potato parsnip swede with gravy, coffee, vimto(low sugar), water, porridge, semi skimmed milk. All have been liquidized if needed.

I do feel really good, quite sore but other than that no problems. Pain has not been to bad and has got easer each day.
I have reduced my insulin by 75% :D and am really pleased about that.

The Spire hospital and staff were great, good team and very helpful. Spire has very nice rooms.

I wouldn't say it's been a walk in the park but, if you need this type of surgery, it has not been as bad as I was expecting. Liquid diet is Ok, but I do like soups anyhow :rolleyes:.

When I saw the dietician on the Sunday, she gave me a meal plan covering weeks 1-4. It has really surprised what you can have.

So I'm now taking it a bit easy, walking around the house, doing a bit of the cooking etc (I am normally head chef).

Thanks for all the good wishes you took the time to post for me.

Will post more soon

Ta very glad Dale

Oh and I have lost another 2.5kg or 5.5 lb ;)

Glad you're back Dale, plenty of rest and sounds like you're doing great :)

Brillient news Dale, glad everythings going smoothly for you. your brave trying rice krispies ect maybe its me just being ultra cautious but i dont want to push myself too fast

rice crispies are Ok in lots of milk, only 2 table spoons. Eat slowly, as they do melt in your mouth anyhow.

Ta very glad Dale

Hi Dale have you had band?? you are able to eat a lot more than me!!
x
No I have had a full bypass. I have found if I make sure the food is quite liquidy (not a word by never mind) I seem to be OK. Only eating very small amounts, soup is about 1/3 of a tin maybe with some milk in to make it less solid.
Keep it lose :D

Ta very glad Dale

Glad to hear your on the road to recovery, Sounds like things are going great for you. Good luck with the weight loss x

Hi Dale , Glad to hear things are going so well for you,take plenty of rest and keep us posted, orchid xx

congratulations hun
xx

Back