• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards vs. Nordic Bariatric

TomTom1985

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie - aged 32, male, 5ft10, 20 stone unfortunately... battled with weight (gain and loss) all my life..

Got referred from my GP (Brighton) in July, to St Richard's Chichester.

Received questionnaire shortly afterwards, which was sent back mid August 2017.

Out of curiosity, I called St Richard's last week, for some clarification on their way of doing things, and "what happens next":

- MDT day likely to be early February
- then six months after that to complete Tier 3
- then "looking at four months after that" to see surgeon
- then "approximately four or five months after that" for an operation date

Despite the administrator advising that "times may obviously vary", it would be looking like March or April 2019 as a likely operation date.... WHICH IS HUGELY DISHEARTENING!

------

SO I am now looking at private options for a gastric bypass - particularly Nordic Bariatric in Lithuania. Has anyone had any dealings with Nordic Bariatric? Can't find much online about them, nor on here.

Any thoughts?

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard of them @TomTom1985, we have a few members who have gone abroad for surgery, mainly because of cost and not wanting to wait. So you'll find lots of threads from pre and post oppers.

What we can't do is make any recommendations, we all think our surgeons and teams are the best but they might not be right for you.

I did a quick google and they certainly have plenty of pages, including testimonials.

My advice would be to research, research and research, on the surgeon, the procedure, on everything.

Good luck x