• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im a bit worried......

dawny

for some reason, my ankles have swelled up, i do have a bad ankle, which i broke badly three years ago, and is plated and pinned, i do have problems with that, but it is swollen a bit more than normal, but my other one, is twice the size of my bad one, and is really yukky looking, ive never had swollen ankles, not even in my 4 pregancies. the only thing i can think of is that because im staying at sarahs, im not resting as much as i normally would, i do spend a lot of time resting on my bed at home normally. but with going to the acorn centre a lot and a different routine than normal, im in a lot more pain as well, am i right do you think, i dont know whats wrong with me, i cant seem to think straight at the moment, my mind is just a muddle, i think i need to go to the doctors, ill try and get an appt for tuesday. but can anyone think of any other reason why my ankle should be really really puffy, thanks in advance, hugs xxx

I think your routine may be so disturbed Dawn and you tend to rest in your home moreso than when you are away from home... are you elevating your legs? Are you on water tablets? It's possibly to do with you being on your feet more and being so out of routine.... try and relax plus rest Angel, if not check it out... hope it's not too uncomfortable for you precious... Loving hugs xxx

Yes its probably from the increased activity but as you are feeling so odd in general it would be good to get along to the docs sooner rather than later xx
Love ya xxx
Steph xx

Hi Dawn, I tend to have swollen ankles and sometimes they look and feel far worse when it's really warm. Is where you are staying a lot warmer than you have the temperature in your own home? Just a thought, but all said it's still wise to see your GP.

hi dawn,

could it be the cold at all?
cold weather and feeling cold sometimes sets pains and aches off..
I really hope things settle down for you soon.
Take care sweet xxxxx

thanks girls for your replies, the temp is probably about the same as it is at home, i dont take water tablets as ive never had this sort of problem before. i know my routine is totally out of sync, and i am hobbling around more than usual, i know im also not getting the same amount of rest i normally get, my pain in general feels worse at the moment, it has been gradually getting worse anyway, so i think i will make an appt on tues, the doctor i see that knows my case very well only works mornings and tues is her first day in. i actually think i feel ok in myself, but then i feel more confused than usual, and just a bit off in general. so its off too the docs i trot, asap. thank you my darlin's.
hugs xxxx

Please keep us posted Dawn, you have so much to put up with and get on with things so gracefully... we do think about you and send our love... hoping this week is going to be much better for you and I was wondering if the arthritis could be causing the ankles to swell... your doc will be able to help you with this I'm sure... loving hugs Angel and keep in touch... xxx

hi girls, hope you are all ok, bev i hope your feeling a bit better today and are feeling a bit stronger, and in less pain.
my ankles are still up, wasnt quite as bad when i first got up, but are now swelling a bit more, ive come up to bed as im in a lot of pain with my back today, it seems to be getting worse as the d ays go on, but i feel guilty at staying on the bed when the children are downstairs and theres things i can do to help out. bt i just couldnt bear it any longer today so ive had to come to bed. im lying on a hottie bottle, and the relief is great. y'know, im fed up of coming on here and moaning, thats all i seem to have done lately, sorry peeps, i am trying to be positive, honest, ill try harder though. i hope everyone is fine, big hugs to all xxxxx

Dawn...you 'moan' all you like, you light up so many of our lives that we are more than happy to listen to your woes, which to be quite honest you dont seem to talk about as often as I think you do. We love you and are here for you xxx
Steph xx

Awww Dawn, Steph is absolutely right... you have to endure so much and you are never miserable or a moaner... precious... most of us would have been totally devastated by what you have gone through physically and with the events of the last week.

Hang onto us Dawn, as we hang onto you, we try to lighten each others loads and you never burden anyone at all... you are always there for everyone with sound advice.

Here if you need us Angel and take special care Dawn, I have never once felt like you are moaning Angel...

Loving hugs xxx

Hi Dawny,
Sorry I've not been on the forum much recently (busy sleeping lol)
But I've caught up with most of your posts & am amazed at how well you have coped with all the upheaval of last week
I do hope you have got a doctors appointment for tomorrow morning?
It's been very interesting to read of all the support that's going on for those affected by the blast-we only see the "complainers" on the telly
Hope you get some news soon of when you can get homexxxJuliexxx

oh steph, bev, poppet, thank you, i am really feeling low today, am a bit weepy, ive been ok up to now, more or less, i think maybe its all just caught up with me, maybe because im in so much pain the last few days, thats all i can think of. i am trying to be positive, honest, i really am, im counting my blessings that at least i do have a home to go back to eventually, not like some poor souls who have nothing at all, not even photos or other personal precious things. it actually makes me feel so guilty for feeling like i do, but i cant help it. hopefully ill snap out of it in a day or so, maybe i need to feel like this, and then come out the other side feeling more postive. im hanging on to you all for dear life at the moment, knowing ive got all of you is keeping me going. thank you, everyone of you. big hugs xxxxx

Dawn, after all youve been through this last week you are moaning less than lots of people I know who have nothing in the world to maon at! I really hope you feel a bit better tomorrow and not so weepy, all you really need is to get back into your own little home.........not to long for you to wait hopefully (HUGS) Take care hun XX

Dawny love are your waterworks ok? This could be a urine infection, which could account for your pain, swelling and feeling mixed up. Please do see the doctor tomorrow pet, I'm concerned.
You've been through SO much and you never complain. You're a star, you really truly are. Take care my love, get plenty of rest, see the GP, and be good to yourself.
Big humoungous hugs.
Charis xxxx

aw thanks dotty n charis, i dont think its water infection charis, im having now symptoms, and no temp or anything either, thinking about it, i think the swollen ankles are because i do spend a lot of time normally with my legs up, and at the moment im sitting down, and trying to walk probably more than im really capable of, i think thats why my back pain is a lot worse, plus damp weather, etc. now i know im gonna be here for a lot longer than we thought im gonna have to make an effort to have more rest. iv just written another thread, im here for at least another 2 weeks.

Dawn, I can't agree with Charis and Jacqui more... you are the least person to moan and complain and you are always there to catch everyone else when they feel like they are falling.

As Jacqui rightly says... some people moan when things are all going well.. so you must never ever feel conscious Angel... it's our pleasure to support you in the same way you do for others... this isn't moaning... this is reality and I'd be a lot worse if I were in your shoes Angel...

Please ask about arthritis in your ankles as well... and I hope that swelling will come down and stay down.

Love and hugs xxx

aw thanks bev huni, i will ask about arthritis cos it is a possibility i suppose isnt it, i have it in my bad elbow, and my knees, and spine, and one elbow, but its very mild in my elbow and i dont get much bother with it. so i suppose it could have gone into the othe ankle. we are gonna try and get into the house tomorrow through the front door, and sarah will be in and out within a minute or so, i dont want dolly to see me, but we'll fill her container up outside so tht my neighbour can put food through the cat flap, i think ill feel better then. today is just a naff day i suppose, ill work on having a better one tomorrow, i dont like being negative, but its really been so hard today not to be, even though i have really tried. but tomorrow is another d ay, bev you make sure you get enough rest, and keep warm, now that your on the mend, we want to keep it that way dont we,
big hugs xxxx

We are here for you too Dawn, you have encouraged so many on their journeys and you are not a complainer in any sense of the word... you are strong and supportive... it's going to work out and for the better... because when you go back... you will then be safe! Love and hugs Angel xxx

Back