• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im crying and cant stop

sammyc

im on day 2 of pre opp liver slim fast diet and have 3 weeks till opp and i have a 2 year old little girl and all i can think about is what if i die and leave her i know its really bad but cant get it out my head.i know if u dont do it ill die from being so fat but im just in a mess at the min waited 3 years for this now pooing myself lol:cry::eek:

It's totally natural to be apprehensive, especially when you have children. I don't think any of us can say that we weren't a little bit worried when we went in for our surgery as all surgical procedures where a general anaesthetic is required carry a risk. However there are plenty of us on here that have had the surgery and lived to tell the tale so try and focus on that :)

H xx

oh honey :( most people feel this way, we dont want to die and leave our loved ones, especially a little one like yours. You really will be ok, you will be able to run in the park with her, take her out to all sorts of places, you will have your life back :) also people get depressed in the first few days of the pre op diet, so this isnt helping you either, you will be fine honey, honestly :) xxx

oh thanks i know im being silly think its the lack of food doing my brain in lol just want the next 3 weeks to hurry up and fly by so i can get it over with and start my new life x say bye bye to fatt sam and hello to sexy sammy lol x

Hi sam,
I felt exactly the same as you, was sobbing my heart out in theatre, my surgeon was wiping the sides of my face for me! It will be ok, you will get through the op and be the sexy sammy you want to be.
Chin up and dry your tears. Your team will do the very best for you.
Kim

oh honey i felt the same as you so know where you are coming fom and so do many others.. Just keep thinking about all the amazing and fun things you can do with your daughter after your op.
The pre- op diets will make you feel a bit low, lack of food, lack of energy.. but hun stick with it,, it will all be worth it in the end xx
Big Rayne hugs to you xx

This will give you so much longer with your daughter and you will get the chance to be there for her as she grows up and maybe becme a granny !! If you don't have the op what are the chances of that ???
I know just how you feel i was terrifide at my last op but i was 27st 2lb then so very high risk and i was fine so will you be, try to take some nice deep breaths when you come around and move as soon as you can.
Loads of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sammyc said:
im on day 2 of pre opp liver slim fast diet and have 3 weeks till opp and i have a 2 year old little girl and all i can think about is what if i die and leave her i know its really bad but cant get it out my head.i know if u dont do it ill die from being so fat but im just in a mess at the min waited 3 years for this now pooing myself lol:cry::eek:

Hi there,

Your completely normal,when I had my operation my children where 2 and 8 and I was out of my mind with worry.
The morning of the operation being took into theatre on the bed,I cried and cried as I was so worried.
The surgeon and nurses where lovely they completely understood my fears.
Now today I can run round,play,dance and act like a big kid myself enjoying myself with the new lease of life I've been given...
Take care and best of luck x

Hello there,

Sorry to tell you this - but your normal lol xxxxx I have not known one single person not to feel the way you feel, but look at the healthier and longer life you will be having once you have had the op. Wishing you all the best - MeJulie xx

I don't have small kids but I have a husband and adult kids who love me and depend on me too; I'm like the matriarch of a big family of grandkids and great grandkids. I remember the morning of my op looking out of the hospital window and praying (I'm religious) to God to protect me and if I didn't deserve it, then at least not to make the people who said I shouldn't have the op, be proved right lol!!

So as everyone has said, you're normal. In fact you'd be slightly abnormal if you went into something like this WITHOUT any concerns for your own safety!

dont worry hun everything will b fine xxx

i wrote letters to my children and hubby and cried like a big fat baby even while i was going down to theatre , but here i am writing this :) xx

All very normal, Sammy :) not nice but very normal. I also wrote letters to all my loved ones ... not to be morbid but to cover all bases. I loved ripping them up when I came home :) All anaesthetics carry a risk but this op is now considered on a par with a gall bladder removal in the risk department & is a very common op. You will be so happy in 4 weeks that you had this done & can look for ward to a full, active, healthy life with your baby girl ... chin up, sugar xxx :):)

Woohoo got my date this afternoon for 6th feb im just really excited at the minute am sure I will have my teary moments too think I will write letters that's a good idea and good luck love everything will be fine for you xxx

yeah think i will write letters im a single mum so will need to have things sorted for my baby just incase i know ill be fine i just cant wait now want it tomorrow lol x

I felt exactly the same we are human I think it's natural but try not to worry your life is about to really begin. These surgeons are amazing they know exactly what they are doing.
Good luck and heres to your future ! x

Ull be fine hun its the norm to be scared good luck hope the pre op diet flys by for u xxx

this brought a tear to my eyes reading it as i worry now and im sure when its time i will be the same as yourself but concentrate on all the good that will come from the opp and dont give the bad stuff a second though good luck hun xxx

I can see a panic attack coming on when I go down for the same reason. I have 2 sons who are 9 & 3. The thought of my choice causing them pain is horrid.

However, I am spiritual and will have a word with the powers that be. I will say I am determined to be one sexy yummy mummy. And I will not accept death getting in the way of me and trips to Alton Towers and diving in Primarks sale lol

What I simply mean (without joking is) I will try and keep my eye on the prize :) All my best wishes and good luck to you xxx

Back