• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie at the start of journey

janeynic

Hi all

My name is Jane and I started my WLsurgery journey yesterday, with a clinic appointment at Shrewsbury hospital. The Dr was amazing, I was expecting a grilling as to why I wanted bariatric surgery. He did ask but in the next breath he said to me - there's no way you will lose your weight yourself and keep it off. The best thing for you is a gastric bypass, its very safe, and you'll do great with it.

I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. Roll on surgery day because the sooner I'm feeling fitter and healthier, the better. I know it's going to be a long haul, and it won't be easy, but it's better than dying before your time.

So hello to you all, and I hope I can utilise your expert knowledge and get support and advice over the coming months and years, and once I've had mine done return the favour for the next newbie!

My next step is a group session at Princess Royal in Telford, to go through everything. (Don't know when it will be yet though). I can't wait!

Hi Janeynic,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey xox

Hi Jane, welcome and best of luck with everything.

Hi all My name is Jane and I started my WLsurgery journey yesterday, with a clinic appointment at Shrewsbury hospital. The Dr was amazing, I was expecting a grilling as to why I wanted bariatric surgery. He did ask but in the next breath he said to me - there's no way you will lose your weight yourself and keep it off. The best thing for you is a gastric bypass, its very safe, and you'll do great with it. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. Roll on surgery day because the sooner I'm feeling fitter and healthier, the better. I know it's going to be a long haul, and it won't be easy, but it's better than dying before your time. So hello to you all, and I hope I can utilise your expert knowledge and get support and advice over the coming months and years, and once I've had mine done return the favour for the next newbie! My next step is a group session at Princess Royal in Telford, to go through everything. (Don't know when it will be yet though). I can't wait!
sounds great :)

Hello and welcome! I'm a bypasser of just 18 months and it's the best thing I've EVER done no regrets what so ever I can only wish you feel the same way as me
Keep up the log ins and ask any questions no question is daft at all very good luck

Hi Jane and welcome.

I hope you soon settle in. I have only been on here a couple of weeks and already feel at home. :)

Good luck with your journey.

Hi Jane and welcome !
I'm a day old Bander ! So a new kid on the block also !
Mindy
Xx

Welcome x

Hi Jane and welcome

I'm nearly 2 weeks post sleeve op and feeling great.

Good luck with your journey x

Back