• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm back home - hurrah!

Glad you are home. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you are feeling up to it.

Hi hun, sorry you had a bad reaction to the gas but nothing is better than getting home and taking things at your own pace. They are a great bunch at CX. Take it easy. xx

welcome home hun hope you have a speedy recovery :)

:thankyou:
Thanks so much to everyone for the good wishes! It's amazing how nice it is to read through them.

Well, I'm home and trying to get into the swing of things. I'm still extremely sore. I had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic (I always do - even when I go to the dentist!) This meant that I was being sick for all of Sunday and most of Monday - I don't think it helped with the soreness much and the anti-emetic drugs didn't seem to make much difference either. I'm still being a bit sick every so often now - which, as I say is standard for me post-op.

Anyway, the op itself went well and the good news (well it was a relief to me) was that I had a nice little liver! I was convinced that they would open me up and see a big fatty one and close me straight up again.

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the protein drinks down - I decided to try a slimfast ready made and I swear it tastes and smells of sprouts! Now, as everyone knows, I love sprouts - but this is supposed to be chocolate flavour. :hmm:

Anyway, I shall persevere and hopefully find something that doesn't taste yucky.

I've started taking lactulose this morning - see if I can wake up my bowels (tmi!) and I'm also on infacol.

I'm trying to get a bit of a walk around every half an hour and I'm going to think about actually going out later on - just to the chemist, but seems like a big day out! Fortunately my husband is around, so he will come with me.

Ok, I want to try to do a bit of catching up today - so my apologies if I don't respond much. I'm a bit slow right now!

Love to you all. Amanda xx

welcome home Amanda, try not to do too much, just rest and get well soon.
love
~Sandra x

Glad you are home, I couldn't agree more the team at CX look after you so well. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Bunny xxx

Back