• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My next appointment has come through, but I have questions.

I got my appointment for the Bariatric OPD at Charing Cross, for 29th January. I had my appointment last week at the obesity clinic, where I had my phsychiatric evaluation and saw Dr Le Roux and 2 other doctors. They all told me that I would be put forward for surgery (gastric sleeve). My question is, will this next appointment be with the bariatric surgeon?

Also, I went to see my GP today and she said that she didn't think I'd have any difficulty with the funding but it is Charing Cross Hospital who will apply (I thought it had to be my own GP as it is a different PCT to the hospital).

Does it sound as if things are going smoothly at present, or do you think I should start making some telephone calls? :confused:

Oh, and my sister - who is a third my size, has just got slimmer of the week at her Rosemary Conley Class for the 3rd week running! :jelous: (I'm not really jealous - I'm actually extremely pleased for her .... and a teeny bit jealous! :rolleyes:) x

Sorry can't help with your question, but can I ask why you are having gastric sleeve? I'm no expert but your BMI seems low for a sleeve.

Pinkyxx

I originally thought that I'd go for a band, but I told the doctors that I would be happy to have a band or sleeve. Because I have serious problems with my joints (especially my knees) and also my back, they suggested that I would probably lose more weight with a sleeve. x

It would not hurt for you to give them a call to find out who you are seeing on your next appointment. The process is done differently at the hospital I go to. Also I think my hosptial applied for the funding that is why at the beginning I had to wait 13 weeks from my inital consultation before the process began.

I may give them a buzz on Monday before I go on holiday. I like to know what's going on! x

I got my appointment for the Bariatric OPD at Charing Cross, for 29th January. I had my appointment last week at the obesity clinic, where I had my phsychiatric evaluation and saw Dr Le Roux and 2 other doctors. They all told me that I would be put forward for surgery (gastric sleeve). My question is, will this next appointment be with the bariatric surgeon?

Yes, at CX the appointment after the M-D is usually with the surgeon. That is usually Mr Ahmed.
Good luck sweetie,
John

Thanks John! I haven't met Mr Ahmed yet. January seems ages away, but I know that it will fly past - hopefully! x

Yes, at CX the appointment after the M-D is usually with the surgeon. That is usually Mr Ahmed.
Good luck sweetie,
John

Should be the surgeon this time, Im still waiting for my 3rd appointment at CX and I was seen weeks before you, lucky thing!
When was your appointment? Have you been to the Friday group meeting? I'm hoping to go to a couple more before my next appointment x

My appointments at Charing cross went like this.

1. first visit to CX was the group meeting.

2. this appointment was with Dr. Le Roux to access me for surgery but I seen Dr. Toomey on the day. I seen the psychiatric on that day for evaluation with a lovely lady doctor.

3. After I got the OK from all the above I then got to see the surgeon. I seen Mr. Ahmed. I also seen the dietitian that day.

That's how it went for me.

Last edited:
When was your appointment? Have you been to the Friday group meeting? I'm hoping to go to a couple more before my next appointment x

I went to the initial friday meeting but live over 2 hours away so probably wont go to any others.

My second appointment I saw Dr Toomey and the Psychiatrist. That was 24th October I think. My next appointments should be to see the surgeon and the dietician, although they want me to have a sleep study and probably see the cardiologist as well.

Its funny how even at the same hospital its been slightly different for all of us.

I'd already had my sleep study - in fact it was the doctor there that referred me to the bariatric team. That may be why I've moved on in a different order x
I went to the initial friday meeting but live over 2 hours away so probably wont go to any others.

My second appointment I saw Dr Toomey and the Psychiatrist. That was 24th October I think. My next appointments should be to see the surgeon and the dietician, although they want me to have a sleep study and probably see the cardiologist as well.

Its funny how even at the same hospital its been slightly different for all of us.

Your op will be on my birthday! Best of luck with it :) x

Back