• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tapas? Anyone had? post Banding

leedsburr

OK so im out for a meal with friends tonight and they have elected for Tapas as they are small dishes etc...

My question is.... has anyone had tapas after a gastric band?

Im now 6 weeks since i was banded... i got my first fill of 4ml last thursday.

Before my fill i had returned to eating a varied diet at week 5... i have had no issues with eating anything, i am chewing things to death... more like 30 chews.

The only thing i felt a bit eeeuuulkkk after was white bread toasted... so from now on its granary bread all the way.

excited about going out for food, and i know im gonna chew chew chew... but anyone got any advice?

I don't have any advise, I am on week 5 and get my "fill" on Friday, just wanted to say that you made me giggle with your 30 chews. Have a fun night.

Does it not make your jaw hurt? All the chewing? I am pre op but this morning I tried eating thumb nail sized bites and chewing 20 times.. jeeeeeez! It took forever lol

Enjoy your meal out- sounds more social than eating so Im sure it will be fun.. please let s know how you got on! :D

I love tapas and it's perfect post band - because it's all small shared dishes nobody notices how much you do or don't eat. You can also eat protein and veggies but give the spuds a swerve.
I find it hard to resist the rioja, that's my only problem with it... Sigh.

ohhh Leeds sounds fabbu hunni :) go and have a great time as long as you take it easy and stay focused you'll be fine :) i find the struggle eating with others is the mindful bit lol
I've just been out to eat (first time) today LOL had a lovely jacket potato with tuna and sweetcorn + side salad LOL needless to say its also for tea tonight too !!!

Enjoy hunni let us know how you get on x x x x

Me and my husband opt for tapas a lot now we will have maybe 5 dishes to share he still eats more than me so I reckon the total I eat is about 2 dishes, and it's tasty not bland and fun x x

Well Tapas was brilliant... If your ever in leeds i can highly recommend ambiente.

Delicious... I had little bits of most thing... thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Hey Crystalrainbow....

Hows u? All ok?

Tapas was a great suggestion by your friends. I find eating/sharing smaller dishes makes me feel much more like I can just have what I want without feeling like I'm sticking out like a sore thumb with a big meal in front of me that I can't finish!

Sounds like you had fun and that's the main thing.

PS: You can have toast? I have barely touched bread in nearly a year. Don't really miss it but do get jealous when people say they've had toast. Yum!

Tapas was a great suggestion by your friends. I find eating/sharing smaller dishes makes me feel much more like I can just have what I want without feeling like I'm sticking out like a sore thumb with a big meal in front of me that I can't finish!

Sounds like you had fun and that's the main thing.

PS: You can have toast? I have barely touched bread in nearly a year. Don't really miss it but do get jealous when people say they've had toast. Yum!

Aww.... Yea it was a lovely night....

Ive been having Burgen wholemeal toasted (well).. managed 1.5 slices this morning with a boiled egg....

Back