• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm Banded

lisadee

Hello again just to update that I was banded on Tuesday night and am up & down with pain and emotionally!! Pain constantly in left rib like I've got a stitch and winded but otherwise just tired and feel useless. I had a hernia repaired at time of procedure so don't know if this is causing more pain and can't seem to get wind out!! It also hurts just sitting down, getting in and out of bed and off a chair is agony!!!

On the up side I am not hungry it's Saturday night and usually I'd be thinking what goodies I can be eating and drinking but I'm not interested.

Any advice on easing pain and wind I've been taking paracetamol and deflatine but not getting much relief...

Is slimfast ok to have at this stage and I have had a few spoonfuls of soup today but thought it might have been too thick for my liquid diet so scared of what I can and cannot have? Also when can you have a bath I've been glued so it all looks nice and neat but seem to get the odd blood specks on my white knightie???

Help, I thought I was organised but obviously not enough:/
Lisa xx

welcome to being banded! Deflatine didn't work for me, but boots own brand version did help although I didn't suffer much with wind pain I have this week.

Try waving your arms in a gentle windmill motion too as that can help.

As for the diet, liquid stage I should be runny enough to pass through a straw without drinking it thro a straw so slim fast shakes are ok, can always make them thinner. If you've been glued you can shower straight away, they do advise not soaking in a bath tho until the glue has gone.

But any doubts about your diet etc your provider should be you first port o call :)

Hi Lisadee :) congrats on your op, hope you have a speedy recovery. Once the wind pain is one, its so much better I promise. Be as active as you can to shift the wind. Walking and especially walking up and down the stairs help a lot. Another thing that helped me massively was my husband patting me lightly on the back. Don't worry about your calorie intake too much at this stage but try to keep hydrated - keep sipping all day. I remember warm drinks passed down easier than cold for me. Good luck and hang in there, it's so worth it! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks Top Kat and Tobi I seemed to have felt better this evening hoping I've now turned the corner.
Lisa x

Good to hear!

I wouldn't recommend soaking in a bath just yet, the longer you can keep the glue on the safer I thought. I showered with waterproof plasters for quite a while but I'm paranoid like that :p x

Hi Lisa, congrats on your op :) x

Good to hear!

I wouldn't recommend soaking in a bath just yet, the longer you can keep the glue on the safer I thought. I showered with waterproof plasters for quite a while but I'm paranoid like that :p x

Thanks Tobi how long have you had your band I'm still trying to find my way around the forum. I'm still getting a stitch pain all the time under my left rib is that normal
Lisa x

Thanks Tobi how long have you had your band I'm still trying to find my way around the forum. I'm still getting a stitch pain all the time under my left rib is that normal
Lisa x

Oh yes that is normal hun. That must be your port - mine can still get tender easily and I'm 6 months out! If I lift something heavy, for example, it gets a bit tender. Perfectly normal I've been told as it's stitched to a muscle x

Oh yes that is normal hun. That must be your port - mine can still get tender easily and I'm 6 months out! If I lift something heavy, for example, it gets a bit tender. Perfectly normal I've been told as it's stitched to a muscle x

That's a relief!!

You have done really well I have read all your blog thanks again. X

Back