• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Stupid decision by me :(

xxnikkilxx

Hi I am 10 days post op and have been fine only had wind pain for bout for bout three days then nothing until today and now I have bad pains when I breathe on my left rib cage. Yesterday I ate some curly fries and chilli :( I know was silly but thought I felt ok now. I'm very worried I have damaged my band but feels like wind pain more than anything but would this come back if I have been fine for about 4 days ?? X

It sounds like it's just wind pain at the moment, but I am worried that you ate that when your so soon post op. Have you looked into getting some counseling to help you with your relationship with food? x

No never thought of that just couldn't stomach anymore soup and was out all day silly :( I just hope I haven't damaged anything lesson learnt I def will be sticking to everything. Could the wind be caused by the food then ?? X

You really need to get your head around eating right, your procedure won't do everything for you...maybe you should contact your team for more advice. New day tomorrow....stick to the rules! X

Sound like you have learnt your lesson.

One of the good bits of having the band, it's always there to 'remind' you when you have broken the rules :eek:

New day tomorrow :rolleyes:

The band is there to remind you its there and it may just be wind after making the choice you did ... But given your insides may be swollen and are still recovering after surgery, such choices could damage your stomach or cause the band to slip. Making the wrong decisions can potentially have serious health implications ... I suggest picking up the phone to your provider for their guidance

While it is unlikely that this one meal will have caused damage, its really important that you follow your providers guidance and guidelines with the band. This does mean sticking to liquids only, and when you're then able to, to introduce mashed food. It can be boring, after that its not easy either as you have to make very positive choices yourself about what food you eat. Until you reach restriction you will likely find that you will be able to eat lots of food and in quite substantial amounts. but doing this, means it won't work but that you're then likely to think that its the band not working. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

If you follow the guidelines and work with it, it can be a wonderful tool, but now that its in place, you really have to work hard to stick with it - why would you really want to risk doing damage for the sake of a few curly fries?

Liquid stage
- try NAS milkshakes, smoothies, fruit juices, vegetable juices, actimel, drinking yoghurts, milky coffees. There are lots of things that you can have at this point along with soups, plus you've only got a few days left at this stage.

Don't risk doing damage and putting yourself at risk - and yes, wind pain can come back at any time. Often if you eat too much, eat too quickly, eat the wrong things or at the wrong time - that can happen anytime with the band even if you've not had it before or for a long time.

Move forward, stick with your guidelines, but it maybe worth looking at help and counselling with your eating, because if you're struggling with sticking to it so early, then the band is hard enough without these issues.

Do this quickly....... Go and shut your hand hard in a door... :cry::cry::cry:

It's gonna hurt right ?????

So why would you think about eating food that is going to swell in your stomach and have you writhing in agony in the foetal position :eek::eek:

No brainer :rolleyes:

Wow! Be careful! I'm almost 12mnths post op sleeve and can't cope with that or pizza! I must say over several nil by mouth months and probs through being kosha, I've fantasised about most foods! At the darkest time whilst high on pain killers I saw a dancing lamb chop trying to get me to devour it (my family won't ever let me live it down) so get what you mean but try keep in mind that if we always do what we've always done, we will always get what we've always got..

Good luck guys and feel better soon

Back