• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded

emzie88

I was banded yesterday Saturday 16 th July! I went to the hospital group Dolan park. Surgery went well although the paper pants they give u are surprisingly small considering they know the nature of ur surgery lol after the op I felt rough of course but what I never knew was that cos they fill ur stomach with air during the op after it travels to ur chest and I have been in a lot of pain and all they give u is pain relief which for me did not help
The wind! So if u have this done they suggest windeze or rennies If I'd have known I'd have taken it in with me. I was also told I would have to b picked up
At 7 am even tho I had paid a lot for this I felt like I was being kicked out!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

LOL at the pants - I said exactly the same to my husband! I had my op at Dolan Park beginning of May.

I too was told I would be discharged at 7.00 but when I told them my husband couldn't pick me up until 9.30 they were fine with that, I could either wait in my room or reception and I chose reception.

Peppermint tea is good for wind, also gentle walking but it should pass after about 5 days. A nice shoulder massage also helps!

Hope it alll work out for you ok.

Sharon

hey I was also banded at Dolan Park, At about 10.00pm following surgery which I had done at lunchtime I didn't feel too bad so decided to go home rather than stay the night which they were ok with as I was quite mobile. The pain in your shoulder does pass mine took about 2 weeks. It does return now and again.

Good luck with your new beginning

Yup same experience with the paper pants! I also left pretty early in the morning, but I couldn't wait to go home and lie in my own bed.
Congrats Emzie, take it easy xxx

Lmao
I'm feeling a bit better today, thing is I couldn't help it release cos it hurt and it just didn't want to come out lol but for some reason my arms and hands hurt so thinking I need my vitamin drink, but too scared to have anything x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i didn't need the paper pants lol took 100% cotton ones and wore them. but the paper ones were so small i dont think they'd have fit anyway :) for me the shoulder tip pain was the worse part of having it done i was really well apart from that and i started taking windeze as soon as i could drink after the op and they didn't help much the shoulder pain was there for about 2 weeks post op!!! if i didn't have that and the bloating i wouldn't have thought i'd had surgery. you will feel better every day just try and keep taking some fluids milk is a good one for the protein which will help your wounds. good luck x

Emzie I was 'done' at Dolan Park on 7/7/11! I found, by trial and error, that GRIPE WATER :eek: was best for wind, I was in AGONY for two days and struggled to BREATHE deeply. It's crazy we're on milk, then slops then 'solids', drinking GRIPE WATER, pass me a nappy, :rolleyes:LOL!!! Hope you feel better soon.
xxx sharon

Hi Emzie, congratulations on your op, is a huge step so well done hun. I had my op at Dolan Park in April, I was picked up at 5am and arrived at 8.45am for my op which was scheduled for lunch time but at 15.30 they told me they had to cancel, I had 2 choices, go away and reschedule or wait until the next day, which I did and finally went down for my op at 18.30!
My wound bled after the op and Mr Li came back to stop the bleeding before he left. Unfortunately, I then bled heavily all night and after 6 gown and bed changes (and no sleep!) the nurse decided to call Mr Li, he eventually came back to see me at 8.30am, re-glued the wound and said I could go home. I was feeling very tired and drained after a terrible night and surprised to say the least that I was able to leave.I felt like I was on a production line and because they were a day behind with ops they would have kicked me out no matter what! Like you I had dreadful pain from the wind and tried everything people had recommended, and the only thing that helped me was moving about and hot water bottles on the affected areas. It only lasted a few days hun, so hopefully you wont have to suffer it too long. good luck on your journey xxx

We didn't get any paper pants - I just went to theatre in my nicks that I was wearing - not cotton - and when I came back they were lodged beneath my tummy! Not even stained or anything! Strange isn't it

Back