• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm beginning to believe

Lippyloirston

I'm going to actually reach a weight loss target! :D

I know I had my bypass 3 months ago and I should 'accept' it's going to work. However decades of slimming failures have conditioned me to believing I was unable to experience prolonged weight loss, and I'm not even going to think about maintaining - yet.

So 2014, looks like the year I'll no longer be obese..... Can't get my head round it.

I'd like to wish everyone a successful and healthy 2014, and thank everyone on this site for their great advice, humour and support. Hopefully 2014 will bring everyone much closer to their dreams! Xxxxx:grouphugg:

hip hip hooray.. and happy 2014 to you too. xx

Ahh yes after too many years to count of fady diets and soooo many failed attempts, this year I am FINALLY going to be not only out of the severely obese category but maybe even out of the overweight one too :D

Truly is an amazing feeling, good luck to everyone, wherever you are on your journey! Here's to a great year x

Great to hear you are doing so well Lippy. And all being well it will be sustainable to maintain at target. You/we can do it xx

2014 is also the year i intend to be no longer obese. Just got another 3st 5lbs to go but think these are going to be the hardest lbs to shift. Good luck everyone with their own personal 2014 targets :D xx

This is really interesting. At 6 weeks, I've just experienced my 2nd stall and have been riddled with self doubt. "That's it, 25 stone is where I'm supposed to be", "I knew I wouldn't lose anymore", "what a waste of money" etc, etc, etc.

It seems failure regarding weight loss is deeply engrained in my psych. Why do I allow it? I won't accept failure in any other aspect of my life......

And this is the beauty of a Bypass, band, sleeve. It is that tool to help you when you are lost. I remember using a dictionary when I first started to increase my understanding of language and achieve better grades at school. I use a calculator regularly to do my accounts. I use cars, train, planes to take me to destinations I can't get to on foot.

My Bypass is my new weight loss tool. it will ensure I lose weight. I need to learn how to use it properly. I might get it wrong to start with. But that's the case with every new tool, instrument, gadget we use.

I'm definitely going to lose the weight. I don't know how long it's going to take, but I will get there. It will pick me up when I'm having a bad day. It will remind me it's there when I try to over indulge. It will give me a little shake when I eat something unsuitable.

The guilt, doubt, regret all has to go. And I think this may be the hardest part of the battle. Getting your head right, remaining focused, being kind to your pouch.....

Maybe I'm wrong.....but this frame of mind helped me crawl out of the past week of negativity. I have to trust my pouch. Listen to it. And look after myself.

I look forward to losing huge amounts of fat in 2014, and hope you are all blessed with the strength and determination to reach your personal targets this year!

Thank you for all the wonderful support on here, it's been amazing! Great to have WLS friends.

X

This is really interesting. At 6 weeks, I've just experienced my 2nd stall and have been riddled with self doubt. "That's it, 25 stone is where I'm supposed to be", "I knew I wouldn't lose anymore", "what a waste of money" etc, etc, etc.

It seems failure regarding weight loss is deeply engrained in my psych. Why do I allow it? I won't accept failure in any other aspect of my life......

And this is the beauty of a Bypass, band, sleeve. It is that tool to help you when you are lost. I remember using a dictionary when I first started to increase my understanding of language and achieve better grades at school. I use a calculator regularly to do my accounts. I use cars, train, planes to take me to destinations I can't get to on foot.

My Bypass is my new weight loss tool. it will ensure I lose weight. I need to learn how to use it properly. I might get it wrong to start with. But that's the case with every new tool, instrument, gadget we use.

I'm definitely going to lose the weight. I don't know how long it's going to take, but I will get there. It will pick me up when I'm having a bad day. It will remind me it's there when I try to over indulge. It will give me a little shake when I eat something unsuitable.

The guilt, doubt, regret all has to go. And I think this may be the hardest part of the battle. Getting your head right, remaining focused, being kind to your pouch.....

Maybe I'm wrong.....but this frame of mind helped me crawl out of the past week of negativity. I have to trust my pouch. Listen to it. And look after myself.

I look forward to losing huge amounts of fat in 2014, and hope you are all blessed with the strength and determination to reach your personal targets this year!

Thank you for all the wonderful support on here, it's been amazing! Great to have WLS friends.

X

I will raise a glass.............. (of milk) to this! :D

X

With this attitude Ceecie you can't go wrong. Write it down and stick it on your fridge lovely - ours will be a longer journey than some, but I've no doubt you will get there.

Ceecie I'm a regular staller but have learned now that they are all part and parcel of how my body reacts to any form of food restriction. I remember stalling early in my teens when I dieted. We will both get there hun and by Christmas we will have ankles and stilettos :) x

I do agree, self doubt is the worst part. But who can blame us after years of failure, and literally laying our lives on the line. I didnt have a single stall for the first 8 months, but now its more stalling than loosing! Everytime it happens I think that ive stopped, and having reached 65% EWL, it's a possibility, lol.

I agree with all that has been said. I was convinced I'd be the one person who had the bypass and do everything text book, but not shed any weight. Not negative - just cynical! I was wrong. I lost six stone in five months. I have not changed a thing but have not lost a single lb in five weeks. So I know how you feel Ceecie. Hoping for a lurch down in the near future, as that seems to be how it goes for me. We will get there. xxx

I am the same Fiona :) Keep the faith babe :)

Thank you lovely. And so must you :) . It's blooming hard at times, im quite a cynical so-and-so. But I am feeling really good at the moment. Feel like I have a fighting chance! Haha.

I am the same sometimes. Ultimately for me I know if I'm not focused I start to gain so that keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Back