• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi soon to have a gastric bypass

sue121

always lurkin around!
Hi everyone Well at last my time has come around I'm hoping to have a gastric bypass end of June, I've be jumping through the the usual hoops .. Dietian, physo weight loss groups and talks since Nov 2014. My case went to the board of people who decide and got the go ahead in Jan this year. My pre op is on 6 June so fingers crossed for end of June for my op. I must admit I'm a little worried for life after but also excited as I've yoyo dieted for the last 20 years having great success only to put back on and more each time... I'm having my op at the Sefton suite in liverpool. Anyone from there or had their op here ? Would love to hear from anyone who's had the gb who has any tips or advice for the first few weeks after

hello and hope you get your answer - not long now till your surgery

Hi sue and welcome ! I have a band so not much help to you Im afraid with surgery advice ..
Lots on here have had your surgery and are very helpful so just ask away ..
Good luck with your journey and I can't wait to read all about it and your weight loss
Xxxx

Hello and welcome. I've had the sleeve so can't answer any specific questions but I'm sure someone who can will find this thread :)

Hi. Welcome. I'm a bander having sleeve in 3 weeks. Hope someone will answer your questions soon.

Good luck with your surgery. My main advice is to follow the rules given to you by your team...you will see posts from people who have been given different timelines for the various stages but stick to what your team says. Don't try to rush things, be kind to yourself...this is an emotional as well as a physical journey.

The most important thing at the beginning is sip, sip, sip :)

Lynn x

Hi the I've got my pre op on the 9th of June so a few days apart.
Don't know how u feel but it's starting to feel really x

Hi Sue, congrats on your pre-op date. im early on in my 6month tier 3, cant wait to be where you are and beyond. best of luck. There are some really helpful, knowledgable and suportive people on this page. Just remember ever case can be different.

I'm starting journey too. Team meeting Salford in a few weeks. I'm so excited and committed. Although like you wonder what it will be like in losers circle.

Wishing you best wishes

Lynn would need some help please got my op this Friday having a revision surgery band to bypass and also had a pancreatectomy and splenectomy in Jan 2015 since then been putting on weight going for bypass this Friday getting really scared and dunno what will happen after op please help me

there is lots of advice on post op gastric bypass - pls look in the forums as you'll see lots of posts there (I'm pre-op so can't help)

Lynn would need some help please got my op this Friday having a revision surgery band to bypass and also had a pancreatectomy and splenectomy in Jan 2015 since then been putting on weight going for bypass this Friday getting really scared and dunno what will happen after op please help me

Please try not to panic too much...I was very lucky and had very little pain after my surgery but was very tired. Take everything slowly and listen to what your team tells you. Fluids are the most important thing straight after. If you have any questions there is always someone here...even if you just need reassurance.

I wish you the best of luck for your surgery...let us know how it goes

Lynn x

I'm starting journey too. Team meeting Salford in a few weeks. I'm so excited and committed. Although like you wonder what it will be like in losers circle.

Wishing you best wishes
Hi, my funding is in place and i have my team meeting/clinic on september 8th, any idea on the timeline until surgery, just a rough guesstimate? Thanks xx

Hi, my funding is in place and i have my team meeting/clinic on september 8th, any idea on the timeline until surgery, just a rough guesstimate? Thanks xx

Hi

Congratulations it feels like a long slog but it will go quickly. They say 18 weeks from approval for surgery but they are trying to get that down by scheduling with other hospitals.

The team are lovely. Jodie very helpful:)

Thanks, i was approved funding at the beginning of may its taken this long for the full afternoon clinic appointment where you see everyone. Its taken 2 years from initial gp appointment so in may i was really hyped up but since got a little downhearted waiting this long, fingers crossed i get some idea of dates/timescale when I go x

Back