• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm driving myself crazy

Lol would you have said that if I said I was going for the bypass? :D Now I'm beginning to doubt ... lol :bolt:

No hun, just because bypass was right for me, doesnt mean its right for you. Bearing in mind your fears about malabsorption I think you are doing the right thing, and as I said to you on Thursday you are very determined and will make a success of whichever op you go for.

Now dont go changing your bloody mind young lady or we will have to have words!

Glad you have settled yourself CC

M

I'm not totally settled but what can I do. I'd love to be 80Ibs lighter by the end of the year but it isn't likely with the band. So long as I lose my 147Ibs I'll be happy. Just gotta work at it.

Glad you've made a decision at last :D

Whichever op you'd have chosen there would always be "what if's" or you'd wonder whether you should have had the other.

It's a shame none of us can predict what's going to happen or how one or the other will effect us - Neither are an easy undertaking but i'm sure you've chosen the right surgery for you. :)

No hun, just because bypass was right for me, doesnt mean its right for you. Bearing in mind your fears about malabsorption I think you are doing the right thing, and as I said to you on Thursday you are very determined and will make a success of whichever op you go for.

Now dont go changing your bloody mind young lady or we will have to have words!

Your weight loss is incredible. I just want to acheive that - even if it's not in the same space of time you have done it. :sigh:

I have been ravenous today. I considered how I'd be with the band. I tried to establish whether it was head hunger or hunger hunger and couldn't fathom. What I do know is I didnt have a proper lunch so may be that is what the problem was, but I was just not satisfied this afternoon.

Anyway I may drink a glass of water now I know I've been lacking in that.

I want to kiss Mr. Khan he's been so nice. He;s on holiday next week - Italy I think bless him he deserves it given my hassling him.

I'll roll with the changes as work with what I have. I do have concerns about malabsorption especially because I've not yet had children and should the opportunity present itself (gotta have sex first :eek: - loads preferrably) then I don't want to have to worry about malabsorption and feeding the unborn.

Cheers CC x

Glad you've made a decision at last :D

Whichever op you'd have chosen there would always be "what if's" or you'd wonder whether you should have had the other.

It's a shame none of us can predict what's going to happen or how one or the other will effect us - Neither are an easy undertaking but i'm sure you've chosen the right surgery for you. :)

My head is way too full. I'm way too interested in research lol. I'm sure I won't be the only person on the operating table wondering whether I'm doing the right thing!

:bolt:
Lol would you have said that if I said I was going for the bypass? :D Now I'm beginning to doubt ... lol

Hiya, lol have you been lurking on this thread?

I'm an indecisive cow aren't I? lol. :eek:

Surgery is in April and my first fill is scheduled for 26th May, but I'm in Cuba so I'll have it when I'm back.

Has anyone had to inform their insurer of their band? I may just do so. .

Oops you caught me...i have been lurking :eek:. But I totally know how you feel about picking the right operation. Mine in the end has been taken out of my hands as my surgeon has said a sleeve due to my eating habits and high bmi.

You are not indecisive you are just making sure that you pick the best option for you with the knowledge that you have. At least you did not rush into you decision. But I am glad that you have made your mind up and as they say no turning back now.

I too am due for surgery in April.

Me too, i'm still thinking about having a sleeve instead of a bypass - Mostly i'm decided on a bypass but most days i'll think maybe i should have a sleeve instead.

I'll probably just end up tossing a coin :p

Tough decision isn't it! Not sure you'll ever be sure 'sure'... I know I'll still be questioning myself throughout my journey, the one good thing about you going privately is your wait won't be so long! :)

Good luck with it. xx

I do have concerns about malabsorption especially because I've not yet had children and should the opportunity present itself (gotta have sex first :eek: - loads preferrably) then I don't want to have to worry about malabsorption and feeding the unborn.

Cheers CC x

I did read in a magazine (months ago now) about someone who not only had a bypass but also a band and went on to have a happy healthy little baby. If baby can't get enough nutrients from the food you're eating, they'll take it from your own stores. Malabsorbtion doesn't mean no absorbtion. You'll still get some nutrients from the food you're eating. I've been told after my bypass that I don't need vit injections as my blood tests show that I have a good store of nutrients to fall back on. Plus I take a Berocca every day to top it up and I've been ok.

I found some information about having a baby after surgery (I haven't really looked at it as I can't access the site from work) www.womens-health.co.uk/pregnancy-bypass-surgery.html

It's no wonder you're having trouble deciding which option to take. It's a huge life changing decision. I only went for the bypass because I have such a large amount of weight to lose and I'd be too impatient between the fills if I went with the band, and I have no discipline with myself. lol

Hope you're able to come to a conclusion soon.

Having a baby is very doable after bypass CC, Shel here has had a bouncing boy and has multiple pre-existing health probs as well as had successful bypass.

Going to be right behind you whatever your choice. You deserve to get your life back and start enjoying it as you are so very supportive of others and give some great advice.

M

Back