• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im going in for surgery

starry

Hi Everyone

Havent been around for a while been on the dark side !!

I have been on NHS wait list since last July and not seen yet and after a lot of soul searching after recieving a very unexpected inheritance from my lovely grandad RIP - we decided to use the few grand to go private - I stayed at St Richards and took their streamline option and I have my surgery on 18th April with Shaw Somers.

PLEASE no one jump on me I KNOW how ikncredibly fortunate I was to get funding but the wait here is soo long and I have now been put on insulin and my BP is getting higher and higher and well I decided thats what I was going to use the money on the will said I had to spend it on me !!!!

and if it gets my 3 young boys their Mum back a year earlier then it is worth the money !!!

So here I go now very nervous but sooo ready for it !

xxxxx

No-one should jump on you Starry, we each choose our own paths, and shouldn't have to justify it to anyone :)

Hope everything goes well for you!

starry nothing wrong with going private and your NHS funding can go to someone else. It scared me to think about what might happen to me if i waited, so i can understand totally why you have done so

I agree, you have to find your own way. Look at it this way, one more person will be able to get NHS funding because you were able to self-fund! So, be excited and enjoy your good fortune is what I say.

Congrats on your surgery date & know that the time will fly.

Best of luck,
Nic

Hi Starry as TS said your funding will go to someone else and I personally think that is like a gift from you to someone else and a lovely thing to happen...well done on getting your date and I for one dont blame you in any shape and form...good luck for your op chick it will change your life so much and all for the better...xx

Hi there Starry, you do what you have to do.I'm sure many of us would have gone private and had our ops quicker if we had had the money so don't feel guilty.The peeps on here will be pleased for you no matter how you fund the op. Good luck for the 18th.
xx Gaynor xx

awww thanks everyone the funding going to someone else is a great way to look at it ! going on Friday for my pre assesment etc.
I cant believe its finally going to happen xx

good luck Starry. No one will think badly of you for going private when you had your NHS funding in place. If i had the money I would have definitely gone private. We are so lucky to be granted the surgery on the NHS but the waiting is horrendous.

congrats hun .... so so close u excited ?? whats your head space right now how you feeling about it all ?? xx

Hi

My head is in a strange place - I am swinging from mucho excitement to blind fear to huge relief - it is very bizarre

I am so ready for this and I cannot wait really and I am trrying very hard to keep those head demons outta there !!!

I feel very confident about St Richards ans Shaw Somers so that helps and my mates are all so excited and they are all keeping their clothes for me and have a grily shop weekdn on the M25 planned !!! 1 day lakeside and 1 day Bluewater !!!

it has to be done and I will stay positive
xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello and Welcome Starry

I think that is a wonderful way to spend your inheritence. Not only are you going to give yourself back to your children but also I am sure your Grandad would be proud of you too for doing something so wondefully positive with his gift.

Good luck with your journey :D

Starry all I can say is good for you, how exciting! What are you having? Just relax and enjoy your last few weeks of eating like others knowing that in a few weeks you will be well on the way to a healthier, slimmer life!
Keep us posted xxxx

Hi I am having a Bypass as I am diabetic so fingers crossed it goes away after the op !

Oh yes, great! I was lucky enough not to have co-morbidities, Im sure it will go away after!

Sxxx

Hi Starry, how exciting for you, I definately would have gone private if I would have had the means. So good luck and look forward to seeing you on the losing side.

Good luck. I'm sure most people in your situation would do the same. Your grandad left the money to you and your using it to make the most out of your life, which I'm sure thats why he left it to you. You could have chosen to go on a fab holiday ect but what would you have to show for it except for some photos.
Wishing you a speedy recovery and waiting to hear your story after

Keep on keeeping on

Ali

Back