• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've made the call.......

LBD

Well I have finally done it and made the call!

Having had a long chat with my husband and working out how we can pay for it (!) I rang Streamline (Shaw Somers/Guy Slater) and am waiting for a call back to book a consultation to discuss a gastric band.

I was quoted £6850 which includes a year of after care and fills. The consultation is £150 but this may be taken off the overall price if I go ahead with the procedure.

I was worried about feeling selfish and spending such a lot of money on just me but my husband was great and said that it's my health and well being that is more important......:worthy: bless him.

So I feel like I have taken a massive step today after thinking about this for such a long time.

I received some test results today which revealed my cholesterol is 8.0 which is very very high so all the more reason to get on with it.

This site has been such an inspiriation to me as I haven't really been able to discuss it with anyone other than my husband and my mum (both of whom are really supportive). Having read all your diaries and various experiences I finally plucked up the courage to start the journey so thank you all.

Lisa :)

Oh that's brilliant. I'm so glad that you feel able to go for it. Please don't feel guilty, it's a wonderful gift to yourself and everyone who loves you and worries about you x

That's great news,Well done for making the call - Once you've had the band your never look back, Good luck :) :)

Well done on making this big decision. This will be the best investment your husband has ever made (along with you of course). Congrats on starting the journey to a new life xx

That's excellent news, please keep us updated on your weight loss journey xx

Good for you Lisa, you are investing in your health and your future and once you've done it you won't look back.... keep us posted on your journey. x

Back