• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im happy yet soooooo scared !!!!!!

helen144

hello all

Well i finally met Mr Ammori today along with plus (whois goergeous and lovely may i add)

he is a lovely charming man who i feel at ease with and comfortable that he is going to perform my surgery.

He said I didnt need a psychiactric referal and he sent me straight round for my pre operative assessment (joyful ecg, swabs and bloodtests)

the best bit is he said

MY OP WILL BE IN 2 - 3 WEEKS TIME AND THAT HE WILL NOW TELL HIS SECERATARY TO LIST ME FOR SURGERY

YIIIIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And he told me to commence my pre op diet yuk yuk yuk

so pending all investigations are ok i had done today i should soon be on my way to a happy healthier me !!!!

BUT .......... Im so scared about the operation, im scared i will die or something will go wrong.

Im scared im making the wrong decision, but this is my last chance, ive tried everything else.

I really am a fan though of Mr Ammori and I trust him .

lots of love

Helen xxxx

your fears are normal, we have all felt those feelings before our ops, we do this as a extreme measure to loose weight and feeling this way is a normal process, you will be fine, i felt the same you will wake up and wonder what you was fretting about, this is a positive decision you have made to improve your life

helen the negitive people are negitive because they do not know the ins and outs of wls, they comment from what they have seen in the media ect, but past them comments they actually know not alot, this forum people have an insight in to it, dont listen to peoples quick opinions that dont know the real facts, thats why minis is a god send to most users on here as ppl know what they are talking about from experience and not some artical they read in a magazine

Last edited:
Helen that is great news, I am from the Basil Ammori fan club and I know you are in safe hands...Liz has given good advice there it is peoples ignorance that makes them negative....I was fortunate that I did not worry about anything well except getting the funding lol but once that was in place it was action stations...what a lovely start to the spring for you and believe me the next few weeks will fly by...xx

Hey Helen,

It was lovely meeting you too. If I could blush I would. Me gorgeous:eek:.

Yesterday (I'm still up at 2a.m) was better than 'the secretary' had us believe earlier in the week. 2-3 weeks ey? I hope we are in on the same day. I put in a bit of a sob but true story about needing to get this surgery out of the way in April so I can resume work as sole breadwinner. Husband made redundant and me suffering an acute loss of confidence this would be boost I need blah blah not to mention the difficulty I would feel if I were to start a job by asking for sick leave. I felt he understood.

To reduce my liver, I was told to carry on with the vlcd I started on Monday. I was in a dead panic after I put on 8lbs since I saw consultant in Dec, all thanks to the 'eat all the things you wont be able to eat mentality'. I worried Mr. A might think I was not serious. Happy to say, I had lost the 8lbs when I weighed in today.

I'm worried that I don't feel scared yet. I bet it will kick in when I have an exact date. That's probably what my brain is waiting for.

Keep me posted on what happens next.
xxx

#helen and Plus congrats on getting this far, not long now.

Helen it is very natural to feel scared about the op, it is as we all know major surgery, but you are in very good hands and all will be well.

WOW Helen - fantastic news. Im so excited for you.

Come on Chicken, I know how much you want this.
It's only natural for you to be feeling nervous, it's a huge thing you're about to go through.
But, it's SO gonna be worth it, we're both gonna be foxy minxes by christmas remember??
xx

Hi Helen, I was wondering how it was going for you what with all the family negativity you faced. I am so happy for you about your date coming up so fast. It is only natural to be fearful, you would have to be crazy not to worry a little but all will be fine. The lovely Mr. A will take good care of you and Salford Royal has made great improvements in staff, equipment & care specifically for GB patients so you couldn't ask for more.

Nic:p

Hi Helen,
Well done on getting through. I know exactly how you feel. I was scared about it all, especially dying, and even wrote letters to my family in case I died! Have a look at my story on my thread, it's all there!
Having said that, Mr Ammori is one of the best surgeons around. I was so surprised at how well I recovered and how tidy my scars were. You're lucky to have him. he worst is over, although you won'tfeel it right now. You've made the decision and have got this far. You'll fly though it. Go for it!

helen you are so near, it won't be long and you'll be on the other side wondering what all th fuss is about. You know what has driven you this far and all of us on here understand why unless you are in this situation no one will ever truely understand what makes us put ourselves through it. keep your chin up we are here for you because we understand he need behind it.

Back