• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sorry not been here? GOOD NEWS Too!

purplefluffything

Hi Everyone, Sorry not been here I have been unable to get my pain under control, some of you know I have a pump implant that delivers morphine straight into my spine.
I am also on a cocktail of oral opiates, Oxycontin, Oxynorm, Lyrica, Celebrex and others. I have now been put on Fentanyl patches alongside the rest. This helps but half the time Im sleepy and neaseaus so take more tablets to combat this.
Im hoping weight loss surgery will help my pain, I know it won't help all of it like my spine which is held together with metal work and getting worse also sciatica due to permanent damaged nerves.
I am hoping it will help my newer pains like my hips and knee pain.
The good news is I have had the first of my test done for wls, Mr Sufi performed a Gastroscopy and it was horrible :( but its done now and out of the way, he found a small hiatus hernia and mild Erythematous (no bleeding] he said nothing to worry about and its what he expected to find :) .
Whilst I was there in the theatre he wanted to see where my pump was, he said that when he does my operation he wants to use :) x-ray guidance he also introduced me to his collegue anesthetist and he told me that he will be controlling my pain during my stay and also to expect to stay in hospital a little longer than usual.

I now have my sleep test appointment letter which is 26th November and the last test is the Echo and Im told that this one is done on the same day I have my next appointment with Mr Sufi it seems to be all comming together very quick now and when Mr Sufi actually uses sentences like 'When I operate, or 'when you have your operation, It seems so very real :eek: .
Im very excited but scared inside too.
Im now trying to catch up with everyones threads, when Im not feeling good I just cannot even pick up my computer, now I feel a little better I can :D so now I will catch up.
Much love to everyone.
Hugs xx

Glad to see you back. Sorry you've been feeling so crappy at the moment but it seems like everything is all gelling all of a sudden for you. Excellent news, here's hoping you get your surgery very soon and that it has a dramatic impact on your quality of life xx

Hope you get the right result Diana,you have so much to contend with anyway.Best of luck to you hun.Maz x

Brilliant news about your op!!!

Good to see you and sorry to hear you still are in so much pain. My sister suffers from spinal pain in her neck, and if it is anything like hers I really feel for you:hug99:

I hope the pump helps to ease your pain.

Love Mini xxx

hugs hun what a brave person xx

(((HUGS))) I hope this helps get the pain under control. My brother is disabled due to spinal pain and it is horrific to see his pain level. That is such wonderful news about your op. Not long now and you have to love when a surgeon speaks so positively about it.

Hi Diana

Sorry to hear your pain is so bad at the moment :cry:

Really good news about your progress to getting WLS though. Good luck on the rest of your journey! x

hello
glad everything is coming together x hope you will feel great very soon x

:sigh:Afternoon people's :wavey: Thank you for all of your replys and support.
Mini,Yes spinal pain is awful, it is a pain you cannot see and others can't see and at times its hard when family/friends think your ok when inside your screaming for the pain stop.
Mini yes my 'Pump' does help, I have had it in for 6 yrs now and it is due to be replaced very soon, actually Im worried I will end up have wls and my pump replaced very near each other! I hope I get at least a few months inbetween.
Thank you again and please pass on well wishes to your sister from one chronic pain peep to another. xx

Fashionably Late, Yes my wl consultant is very nice and does come across very positive, I was told by a nurse at his clinic this week that patients come from all over the place just to see him :D. Sorry to hear your brother also suffering with pain.
Take care hugs xx

thinkbethin, Thank you for the welcome back, I only wish I could be here more, unfortunatly due to my disability one day is not the same as another, I have flare up pain during the day and one day could be much worse than the day before .
Thank you for your support xx

Mazza, Thank you for the good luck I'm sure I will need lots of it. xx

fatbutnot4eva, Thank you for the support it means alot. xx

mandyl, Im not brave (Thanks for saying I am) Im lucky really in that at least I have'nt got something much worse, yes its tiring and painful but thankfully I have lots of support in the pain management dept ;) xx
Big an Bouncy, Thank you for being here for me its lovely to know I have lots of lovely friends here specialy as we are all experiencing something simular. hugs xx
phatmomma, Yes it does seem like its all comming together, it is quite exciting. Yes I am hoping that the surgery really might help my pain, fingers crossed ;). Hugs xx

Well now waiting for my sleep test appt in a few weeks time, for me it will get here quickly because im always at hospital for myself or husband even my Dad there is always someone at hospital in my family :rolleyes: but it seems to makes time go bye pretty quickly :D.
Hope I have not missed anyone out if I have sorry.
Thank you all again.
Hugs xx

Nice to hear from you Diana - you are in totally the best hands and I say that with 100% confidence - Mr S is brilliant and he and the team will look after you beautifully - I can honestly say he has given me my life back and I have no idea how to thank him. Speak soon xx

Caroline, thank you for the welcome back.
You make me feel very safe in Mr Sufi's hands, Its nice to hear comments like the ones you make about Mr Sufi changing your life It really is lovely. Hugs xx

Zns, Thank you also for the support, Zns I have pm regarding your pain.
I hope you get some relief soon, I have every sympathy with you.
Hugs xx

Hi diana it's nice to see you posting again! I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been having a great time of it but hopefully now it seems like your finally getting somewhere xxx

Last edited:
Hi Diana, sorry to hear that you have been suffering so much pain and discomfort. I hope all your tests come back alright.

Rebirth

Sorry to hear you have been in alot of pain. Hopefully it will be all systems go for you soon then, maybe before Christmas or just after.

Back