• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm having a Tummy Tuck!!! yeay

Trim T

Well...... had my consultation with an nhs PS today. I meet the criteria and will be having my tt in January, if not before!!!

I'm sooooooo excited

Congratulations. I'm hoping to have one on the nhs next year. My pct asked me to apply again when I have maintained my weight loss for a year.

Good luck and let us know when your op is.

Wow, lucky you!!!:)

I'm surprised you need one, your start weight was my dream weight and your weight now is tiny!!! Well Done!!

I will definately need one, but whether I get one is anybodies guess....My doc told me it's extremely rare in my area...:(

But I am going to keep on slimming and will ask again, after weight loss, weight gain, 3 c-sections and various infections my tummy is a train wreck!:eek:

Good Luck!

My real start weight was actually 13st 2lb, so i've lost 4 st in total. The surgeon said that with a 4st loss and the fact that i don't smoke means I meet the criteria.

He said that i may be able to have it before xmas..... what a prezzie!

I can't wait, I am soooooo shocked at how easy it has all been. I only had my GP appointment last wednesday.

Wow that is quick. In my neck of the woods funding has to be agreed before you even get to see a surgeon. I waited 3 months just to get a reply from the pct.:eek:

congratulations !!!!!! i hope all goes well.

liz x

My real start weight was actually 13st 2lb, so i've lost 4 st in total. The surgeon said that with a 4st loss and the fact that i don't smoke means I meet the criteria.

He said that i may be able to have it before xmas..... what a prezzie!

I can't wait, I am soooooo shocked at how easy it has all been. I only had my GP appointment last wednesday.

Wow, that's super quick!

Well Done on the loss, I'm 6 stone down and have another 3 to go ideally...will have to try again....or visit the Bank Of Nan and My Future Inhertance!:eek::D

The Belly is getting floppier as I get thinner!:eek:

Thanks everyone.

I didn't need to apply for PCT funding. The surgeon is given a list of criteria and it is at his discretion whether or not to perform the surgery. In Birmingham you only need to apply for funding if you do not meet the required criteria of the PCT.

Apparently because i've lost 4st, and have a healthy BMI, as well as being a non-smoker, i meet those criteria.

I can't wait.

I think I need to move to the Midlands!!:D

Seriously though, I am gonna try again at my Doc's...Today, I've been so uncomfortable, my tummy aches and the skin fold is soooooo itchy...:( and then I started scrutinising myself again naked and that starts me on a downer......I have all these lovely clothes now, but once they come off I look bliddy awful!

As a newly singleton mum I dread to imagine getting close to a new man in the future...I'd rather remain celibate than get my floppy apron belly out :eek:

Add to that I have a severely disabled son who is six and a tall, solid boy who is very strong and who does accidentely knock me sometimes in the tummy and it makes me go green with sickness...it's just a queasy one!

So going to fight this!

:D

In all honesty you'd be better waiting until you are a healthy BMI.... as far as i am aware your BMI MUST be below 27. There is also no point having a tt until you are at the weight you want to be, because you could end up with the same problem once you lose the rest.

But good luck xxx

In all honesty you'd be better waiting until you are a healthy BMI.... as far as i am aware your BMI MUST be below 27. There is also no point having a tt until you are at the weight you want to be, because you could end up with the same problem once you lose the rest.

But good luck xxx

I am just concerned concerned about getting the ball rolling so to speak...as for my BMI it's currently 27.9 so nearly there!

Just spoken to my surgeon's secretary, she said they may be able to fit me in on the 29th December!!!!! OMG! she's going to speak to him and ring me back...................... can't let my phone out of my sight for a second.

oooooooooooooooooooooooh ring phone ring!!!!! LOL

oh fingers crossed for you....New year new you!

Back