• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new and just had surgery.

The Justin

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I had the Gastric Bypass one week ago today and I have been having a little bit of trouble. I was told that it wouldn't be easy but I didn't realize that it would be this hard. I am constantly nauseous and feel like I am on the brink of throwing up. Finally my doctor prescribed me some Phenergren to help with the nausea. Hopefully it will work. Anyway...just wanted to see if you guys could give me any ideas or support other than the standard "hang in there" or "it will all get better".

hi...welcome

sorry i can`t provide any advice as i am pre op but i`m sure someone will be able to answer your question soon as everyone here is really supportive & helpful.

hope the phenergan is making some difference for you.

Hi there, I've no advice for you as I've no experience, but I wanted to say welcome :)
x

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I had the Gastric Bypass one week ago today and I have been having a little bit of trouble. I was told that it wouldn't be easy but I didn't realize that it would be this hard. I am constantly nauseous and feel like I am on the brink of throwing up. Finally my doctor prescribed me some Phenergren to help with the nausea. Hopefully it will work. Anyway...just wanted to see if you guys could give me any ideas or support other than the standard "hang in there" or "it will all get better".

Hiya

I can sympathise with you... I had the bypass 5 weeks ago and suffered sickness really bad in the end i had to go back in as everything i ate came back up, they fixed it but 2 weeks later i am back to it again.... i hate being sick too... a real baby when it comes to sickness!!!!

Another person that may be able to help is georgina she was like it too and she had her bypass 1 year ago....

There isnt really much we can do!!! Iknew it was going to be hard having the bypass but didnt relise how hard, sometimes it is even harder when you read people are having it much easier but at the end of the day we are all here to support you .....

you can msn me on [email protected] or email......

Best of luck and i know just how you feel

Hi,

I'm still pre op but being a medical disaster I'm good at dealing with nausea! If the phenergen don't work try Buccastem. You can buy them over the counter but only if you say they are for migraine relief not for nausea. They won't affect your bypass as you don't swallow them (and also gets you round the bringing back up any pills if you are sick after taking them). Its a small tablet that sits under your lip above your teeth. It doesn't taste great so keep your tongue away but I find it works really well for me.

Ginger is a natural nausea relief, and although it wouldn't be a good idea to eat it, the aroma will help too. Get a cotton hanky, grate a pile of fresh ginger in the middle and wrap it up like a won-ton. Keep it by you in bed or on the sofa.

Can you get in touch with your dietician by telephone to ask for advice?

Hope that helps,

Shel

lol mandy not even ;)

You guys have been so awesome. So far the Phenergan is working well. I haven't felt as nauseaus as I had been. Apparently they were supposed to send me home with some and forgot to write the script for it. I am 1 week and 1 day and so far no major complications. Other than having a sick feeling and alot of gas it hasn't been tooooo bad. There have been a few times that I have thought "what have I done".

Glad your feeling a bit better....

once that weight starts dropping off it`ll be more, look what i`v done & less what have i done

hi and welcome to the minis gang once ur a member theres no escape lol, well i had my bypass 1 year ago, and have lost just ova 8 stone, best thing i ever done, in the beginning i was sick for 3 months solid and that was upto 5 times a day, i got through it and at first i did regret it wondering what the hell i had done to myself, it does subside, ginger is good or have a glass of milk with grated nutmeg in to settle ur stomach, thats fantastic, you have to learn to eat all over again in a totally different way to before your op, it is a very emotional rollercoaster also a massive shock to your system because your mind remembers what the food was like before the op and how much u could eat but when u put it in ur pouch tells u different lol, its all trial and error im affraid if a certain food makes u sick or feel sick leave it for a day or 2 then go back to it, theres no easy way with a bypass u just got to learn to live with it and accept it hun, i can eat almost anything now, but sometimes bread and meat still hurts but apart from that im great (i knew that anyway lol), and u will continue to get gas for a while yet plus ul find ul burp alot more as well, but soon ul see the benefit of it all take it 1 day at a time dont rush it, let the bypass work for u, try eating every 2/3hrs just a little to keep ur pouch working, dont forget its a massive shoch to ur body as its wondering what the hell is going on if u need any help just mail me its [email protected] il be glad to help out ok take care and good luck hun xxx

4 weeks post op and can sympathise fully

Hi I can fully understand how you feel have spent the last 4 weeks with my head down the toilet too! It has started to get easier though and have found soft foods easier to tolerate rather than soups and that. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks you will turn that corner too!!! keep your chin up (as opposed to down the toilet) ha ha only kidding keep positive though
Tammy

I burp a lot too. Really loud ones when I least expect. This op has turned me into a ladette, but a shrinking one! Lol

Yes i noticed that i have never ever burped so much in all my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi and welcome to the minis gang once ur a member theres no escape lol, well i had my bypass 1 year ago, and have lost just ova 8 stone, best thing i ever done, in the beginning i was sick for 3 months solid and that was upto 5 times a day, i got through it and at first i did regret it wondering what the hell i had done to myself, it does subside, ginger is good or have a glass of milk with grated nutmeg in to settle ur stomach, thats fantastic, you have to learn to eat all over again in a totally different way to before your op, it is a very emotional rollercoaster also a massive shock to your system because your mind remembers what the food was like before the op and how much u could eat but when u put it in ur pouch tells u different lol, its all trial and error im affraid if a certain food makes u sick or feel sick leave it for a day or 2 then go back to it, theres no easy way with a bypass u just got to learn to live with it and accept it hun, i can eat almost anything now, but sometimes bread and meat still hurts but apart from that im great (i knew that anyway lol), and u will continue to get gas for a while yet plus ul find ul burp alot more as well, but soon ul see the benefit of it all take it 1 day at a time dont rush it, let the bypass work for u, try eating every 2/3hrs just a little to keep ur pouch working, dont forget its a massive shoch to ur body as its wondering what the hell is going on if u need any help just mail me its [email protected] il be glad to help out ok take care and good luck hun xxx

Hey "gang"

Gosh you have me a bit worried about this windy issue lol! I can just imagine being in a meeting with our client ...... cor that will be terrible lmao:eek::eek::eek::eek:

missy id laugh my head off if u had windy issues when ur with a client lol or just burp in their face lol xxx

missy id laugh my head off if u had windy issues when ur with a client lol or just burp in their face lol xxx

You would you minx but not sure they would be impressed or my boss :p:p:p

Hi justin .

Ill try help, You mention your feling sick is this after eating or fairly much allthe time.
IE you wake up and a little while after you start felling sick .

If this is the case its a result of acid reflux speak to your doctor about it all you will have to do is double up your anti acid tablets and you can tak eteh anti sickness with them . but it will go soon after you double the anti acids.

I take 1 in the evening and 1 in the morning and mines all gone.

I hope this helps

Missy,
be warned about the wind situation!! I was in a lesson yesterday and my belly and throat kept making horrid sound- really embarrassing! The poor lad didn't know where to look!! I explained that I'd had surgery and he gave me a weird look. Hey, the joys of losing weight!!

P.s. I take my sugar free cordial everywhere and also find myself slurping the bottom of the carton like kids do, not exactly what you want to do in public!!

Back