• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new here

dsarah1977

Hi im new i have been referred by my doctor to hospital for wls and have hospital a week tomorrow and consultant the following week well scarey lol i have over 10 stone to lose so hope they can help me but im worried about being put out as 13 years ago they had trouble waking me when had tooth out dunno if gave me 2 much anestetic or wat tbh but wondering if this will stop them oh im so confused,i would appreciate some help

sarah x

Hi Sarah and :welcome: to Minis. You've come to the right plce for encouragement, advice and general WLS mayhem!

Can I ask where you are from, where you are hoping to have your surgery and if you are considering gastric band, bypass or other WLS alternative?

I am post-op bypass and had issues with general anaesthesia due to a couple of previou bad experiences, but a decent anaesthetist will always talk you through procedure and reassure you.

Hi Sarah and welcome. The support on here is mega so stay tuned! I am a bander so can happily offer you any advice on my experiences so far, I had my op 3 months ago. I also have loads to lose but like I say "I will get there one day!" and so will you.

Just go to the app't with an open mind and listen to the surgeons advice.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

x

HI again,

OK. I am sure someone here has been to Homerton (it's hard keeping up with who has had what and where!).

Have you had a look at the BOSPA site? There is some great info on there www.bospa.org.uk

In the meantime, be assured people will always be along to answer or signpost you to any info you need.

Take care!

Hi and welcome Sarah

Ali

Welcome :D

and as Red said don't worry about what happened before when you meet your surgeon talk to him about your concerns etc...I have been sick after anaesthetics before and spoke to the surgeon and anaesthetist about it and they put me at ease saying different anaesthetics (usually the more expensive ones are better - guess why the NHS uses the cheaper ones lol) can help with problems like that and also they gave me some stuff to stop me feeling sick and I was just fine.

hi sarah m8, nice to see you posting here on wls section of minis. its very supportive here and i hope your questions can be answered for you.

liz x

Hey Sarah, welcome and good luck with ur appointment x

hey sarah its brill here, everyone is so nice, and give very good support and advice !

speak soon

liz x

Welcome to minis!! People here are great and there isnt a question that cant be answered by all the experts!! xx

Hello and welcome Sarah :)

Hiya Sarah...I am waiting to hear about an appointment with consultant at Birmingham about a gastric band. I too years ago had a bad experience, i woke up and punched a nurse lol so now they knownot to stand too close to me, i have had aneasthetic before and have been fine, just mention your concerns to the consultant when you get your appointment i am sure he/she will put you at ease. Good luck and i look forward to reading about your appointment X

i also had bad experiences with aneastetic, after an op i always woke up with major headache pains and vomiting, now they are aware of this they treat me for it before i wake up.

Back