• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new - just had gastric sleeve

daisylou

Hi

I'm Louise, 37 and have just got out of hospital today after having a gastric sleeve. I weighed 129 kgs when I went in for surgery having put on about 4 stone in the past year. Like so many people my depression has not helped my situation and in the end I paid privately to have this operation.

I'm not sure how I feel at the moment. It's still a bit unbelievable but I'm so hoping that this is the start of my new life.

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
Hi

I'm Louise, 37 and have just got out of hospital today after having a gastric sleeve. I weighed 129 kgs when I went in for surgery having put on about 4 stone in the past year. Like so many people my depression has not helped my situation and in the end I paid privately to have this operation.

I'm not sure how I feel at the moment. It's still a bit unbelievable but I'm so hoping that this is the start of my new life.
Hi Louise and welcome to the site :) congratulations on your op, you will love it! I had my sleeve in May this year and haven't looked back, my life is now wonderful, good luck :) xxx

tealovingsleever

Welcome and congrats. You will love it! X

rickysmrs

Hi Louise welcome to the forum there is lots and lots of useful information to scroll through. Hope you have a speedy recovery. x

barcasm

I had surgery 5wks ago now and still finding it difficult with this eebsite.. am my msg's coming through.. keep coming up with permission denied. Anywsy i had the bypasd and while i did lose weight in first Weeeks snd its only jusy begginging agai.

Samsara

Congrats and welcome :) Look forward to hearing about your sleeve experiences - I hope to get one myself one day ;) x x

Ruthiep

Welcome to you Louise! I had my sleeve just over a year ago on 30th November 2011 and am pretty much where I want to be weight wise at 9st 5. It's a brilliant tool, but it's just that; a tool, not a magic wand; you still have to put in the hard graft to get the results. Best of luck!

Crackers169

Hi Louise
Tracked you down to say hello after you replied on another thread. i had my op in Edinburgh too, i am about a year in front of you. I have my last appointment with the surgeon on Monday!

I hope that you are healing well and beginning to feel better.

Take care
Fiona x

Alexandrite

Hi Louise

Welcome ! And wishing you success with your sleeve . I had my vsg done on 6 th November last year , in new Orleans , so I'm about 10 weeks out , and feeling great now / energy coming back to normal and I have lost 28 pounds so far .

I had pose done first , nov 2011 , but it did not give me the restriction I needed , but the sleeve is great . I'm so glad I preserved to get me the solution I needed .

Good luck with this great tool

Alexandrite

Muizenberg

Good luck on your new journey

Eve30

Hi and welcome! As you can see we all love our sleeves!!! Mine was 7 weeks ago and just onto normal food again it's well worth it!

daisylou

Hi Fiona

Just had a look at your statistics, you've done so well. I really hope that's me in a years time. I'm a bit low just now as I don't seem to be losing any weight and struggling with my energy levels and working. I'm hoping I'll feel differently in a few weeks.

Louise x

Crackers169

Hi Louise
I havent lost the weight consistently week by week, but over a month I would lose, it tended to come off in lumps!! And now, I haven't lost anything since December. However I do need to get back to the gym to help shift these last few pounds. I am now investigating a boob job!!

I know it is easier said than done, but hang in there, follow the guidelines and you will lose weight.

I see that you are a teacher, so I can understand you are tired. If I was really tired i would sometimes have a drink of milk. It gives protein and a wee bit of carbs, as well as counting towards the liquid intake. Helps give the energy levels a wee boost without too many calories, esp in the beginning.

Take care
Fiona x

Wonderlust

Hello and welcome,

The Sleeve is a great tool and I know you will loose well with it.

Hi

Congratulations hope everything goes well with your recovery .i am waiting for call to see when i will get my gastric sleeve xxx