• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im not loosing!

janice123

2 weeks post op tomorrow and I've survived the liquid diet! However,I lost 1/2 stone in first week but in second week the scales aren't budging. Read advice from hospital which says this is normal and sometimes people gain weight, but it's just dis heartening when I know how little I'm eating and not seeing results. Suppose I should be happy with 1/2 stone loss but I hoped for more. Or maybe I'm just in a moaning mood!!

You will be fine Janice its just your body getting used to the new you. dont forget to take your measurements because some weeks if you dont loose on the scales you could of lost inches else where :)

I'm 3 wks post bypass and not loosing either(lost 8lbs first wk only) so I know how you feel. I've been back to my normal routine since the first week so its not like i'm not walking up and down just cutting down pre op I was losing more than this. Lets hope we both start losing soon :D

Janice - average losses are 1-2lb a week with a band, so to have lost 7lb in one week, you're already way ahead of what is the average.

Also, the weight loss will go up and down, you wouldn't be able to maintain that sort of loss on a weekly basis, but it will even out. Also, you've been on liquids only - and on a very low amount of "food" and calories, as such, the body will hold onto its energy resources because its not getting fuel going into you via food. Some people refer to this as the body going into "starvation mode" whereby it will hold onto what its got and by eating more you will kick start that weight loss. Sounds odd, but it took me a while to find and learn that my optimum weight loss actually comes in at around 1100 cals - (with a certain carb/protein content) but if I find that when I have a fill and am then back to liquids only, my weight loss decreases due not taking in enough.

They do say its normal, it is. With a band they also say that you shouldn't really expect to be losing a great deal until you start getting your fills and eating in the way that you should. As such, you should be more than happy with what is a big loss having a band and also, be prepared that it will go up and down, but think of an average loss of 1-2lb each week, but there will be stalls, there will be a pattern form, but as you move into eating foods and getting into that pattern and routine everything at this point is a bonus.

How frustrating but if its in advice then you can't be doing anything wrong and its completely natural well done for getting there x

they have moved already lol I know it's hard if you have times where the loss is minimal or you stay the same but the body naturally fluctuates through the month too ...if you work with the band it will happen and it's early days... It's a marathon and not a sprint ;) x

Totally agree with top kat! I have a stall at least one week a month and a bigger loss than average either the week before or after. I've realised that this is how it's going to go for me and I know that as long as I eat the right things I will continue to lose. My body needs to adjust to cracking losses like 4-6lbs in a week now and again, sounds like yours does too. Keeping yourself motivated by focussing on the positive is vital! Hang in there, you're doing fab x

Back