• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im back but stuck in a rut and not sure what to do ;(

ldavidson84

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while and am really regretting this. For those who dont remember me i was banded in March 2011, i got off to a good start but now i am really struggling. I am going up and down with my weigh loss at the minute. I go up and down between 17st 1lbs and 17st 4lbs :( and i have been like this for a few months now but i have got it in my head that i shouldnt go for a fill until i have sorted out my eating habits as i have had alot of stress from family i have turned to eating the wrong foods again :cry:even gone back to skipping meals also. (why do i eat bad when i get stressed as then i feel worse after and go round in circles) ARRRGGGHHH so angry with myself!!!

From my band i do have some restriction but know i could do with more but i need to get back on track with eating the right foods.

I have also built up a fear about a fill in my head and i dont like my port area to be touched and i also cannot touch it, im not sure if i need to get it checked out as over the past few days it has been sore and uncomfortable and im not sure why? :confused:

I have been up since 3am with lots of stuff going round in my head (family issues) and i feel i just need to grab hold of my own problems and think of myself for once. I have paid alot of money for my band and at the moment i am not making the most of it, but finding it hard to know what to do for the best??!! Sorry for babbling on
Hope your all well!
Lea xxx

Hi

I have not had restriction until my fill last Friday
I initially had a good loss and then nothing for about three months, the consultant was reluctant to give me a fill but after discussion last week decided on one
I too had got in a state about not losing weight and started eating the wrong foods but now feel on track
Keep plodding on we will get there and you have already lost a good percentage of weight
I have give myself a target of 11lbs off by xmas as I think this will help spur me on
Good luck you can do it and take care of yourself
x

Hi

I have not had restriction until my fill last Friday
I initially had a good loss and then nothing for about three months, the consultant was reluctant to give me a fill but after discussion last week decided on one
I too had got in a state about not losing weight and started eating the wrong foods but now feel on track
Keep plodding on we will get there and you have already lost a good percentage of weight
I have give myself a target of 11lbs off by xmas as I think this will help spur me on
Good luck you can do it and take care of yourself
x

Thank you for your kind words, i got myself in a rut and had it in my head that it would only be me having problems losing weight with the band and felt embarassed about it. Too the point were i didnt want to make appt with provider as they would be angry with me for not losing much weight since i last went.

This morning i plucked up the courage to phone my provider and am booked in for Monday morning, i also asked to see dietician. I need to get back on track! I spoke to nurse about port being sore and she didnt seem to think it was anything serious as i have no redness or swelling so hopefully it will ease off and i just pulled it or something.
Now i just need to prepare myself for my port being touched on Monday, it feels alien like and i have a fear of me or anyone else touching it :(

Sorry you are having problems Leanne, hope you get everything sorted out soon. As someone who has been where you are with a band in the past the best advice I can give you is to try the five day pouch test as it will really help. I tried it a couple of times and it really did help a lot. (((((hugs)))))

PS you can google it for more info :)

Thank you for your kind words, i got myself in a rut and had it in my head that it would only be me having problems losing weight with the band and felt embarassed about it. Too the point were i didnt want to make appt with provider as they would be angry with me for not losing much weight since i last went.

This morning i plucked up the courage to phone my provider and am booked in for Monday morning, i also asked to see dietician. I need to get back on track! I spoke to nurse about port being sore and she didnt seem to think it was anything serious as i have no redness or swelling so hopefully it will ease off and i just pulled it or something.
Now i just need to prepare myself for my port being touched on Monday, it feels alien like and i have a fear of me or anyone else touching it :(

Im glad you phoned and have got an appointment so quickly.

I think speaking to the dietician will be a good thing to reinforce what you should be eating and offer you some tips to get you back on track.

Im sure the nurse is used to people being nervous and she can put your mind at rest.

Let us know how you get on x

Thank you ladies, im gonna do a search now and find out about the 5 day pouch test.

I normally sleep on my belly but its to uncomfortable. Really dont remember pulling it in anyway but i guess i must have.

xxx

Why don't u use the daily food intake in the stickies side on the banders section might give u an idea of what successful people like mazza eat on daily basis and someone might advice on where u r going wrong??? Just a thought

Hi Lea, i remember you, you had yours done a few weeks before me. Ive been through a real rough patch too, but still continued to work with my band. Yes i stalled for about

....Sorry accidently pressed enter.

I stalled for about 6 weeks and in this time i ate nothing but junk slider foods.
I knew i was doing wrong and booked in for a fill - its done the trick and put me back on track. Much better restriction now and the motivation is well and truley back!
Sort your port area out girl as this does not sound right and get a fill. Afterall this is what having a band is all about. Fill the band to get restriction. Without restriction you are relying on pure will power and self control, and if we had plenty of that we would not have had the band to begin with.
Im not on these boards every day, but my diary is always up to date...this has really helped me stay focussed.

Good luck and we are always here for you! x

Thank you ladies.

I had my appt with my provider and all went well, my port area is ok the pain wore off and she thinks i may have pulled it or something which made it very uncomfortable.

While i was there we spoke about my eating and she was very understanding of my wrong food choices. She pointed me in the right direction with my meals.Alot of meals i eat are family meals and they are sliding through, so i thought i was being good not having bread but she said if i have lasagne/spag bol then to have a bit of chibatta or something to stop it sliding through to bulk then i wont eat as much etc. I need to make family meals work for me and my band. Also spoke about preventing a situations where i would have a munch.

My problem is i dont like salad or veg so finding it hard at times feel like im eating the same stuff over and over. Dietician wasn't in so i didnt get to see her but she is going to get her to phone me.

I thought as i had made wrong choices etc she wouldn't give me a fill until i had it right in my head again, but straight away she said i needed a fill and i know i did. So she did give me a 1ml fill, i feel very positive and hopefully can sort myself out and get back on track. :)

Hiya

I am glad it all went well for you . Some times people need encouragement/reassurance/kick up the bottom (call it what you will) none of us are saints and we all go of course from time to time, and why wouldn't we after all we are only human......lol. The fact that you recognized you needed a nudge in the right direction is good and the fact u went and did something about it is even better (Good on you xx) If you feel like ur slipping etc or need a rant /advise etc don't stay away - we are all in the same boat ( trying too keep the scales down and eat more healthily - wishing you all the best - Julie xxx

I'm so glad you seeked advice and are back on track now, Karen x

Glad ur bk on track Hun good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Glad you're back on track. I think this band business is a huge learning curve. I've had my band since 2007 but its only now I've found this site, that I'm beginning to understand it. I think we expect ourselves to be perfect once we've had the band fitted, but in reality we've years of bad habits etc that aren't going to disappear over night. Keep us informed of your journey and good luck x

It is a huge learning curve and yes it is years of bad habits and bad choices that need to be hit on the head. Your right tho, i did think i would be perfect after my band but in reality like others have said we are only human and we make mistakes.

Well i must say that over the last 2 days i am so so impressed with myself we have been to 2 halloween parties with lots of yummy food and deserts to die for chocolate cake, doughnuts, muffins, apple pie and custard and not one of them past my lips :D I did dip a few strawberries into the choc fountain :p

I have just given all the food left over from our party to family so it isnt in the house so im not tempted to have a nibble.

That's brilliant well done. I've just made the mistake of buying a huge chunk of parkin for the family and it keeps winking at me. Hey Ho...

Back