• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm officially on the list!

jema

I had my endoscopy at SRH this afternoon, and all is well. I am now on the list for my surgery!
Mr. Balupuri did the procedure and, though he is a lovely man, it was horrendous. :cry: I just had the throat spray and gagged most of the time. It was over with fairly quickly and, like I said, went well. He did comment on the size of my tonsils, though I had them removed as a child :confused: ..! Apparently they've grown back!?! :confused:
Just a wait for the results of the biopsy now, then another wait for that all important letter through the door....

I had my endoscopy at SRH this afternoon, and all is well. I am now on the list for my surgery!
Mr. Balupuri did the procedure and, though he is a lovely man, it was horrendous. :cry: I just had the throat spray and gagged most of the time. It was over with fairly quickly and, like I said, went well. He did comment on the size of my tonsils, though I had them removed as a child :confused: ..! Apparently they've grown back!?! :confused:
Just a wait for the results of the biopsy now, then another wait for that all important letter through the door....

Excellent news, Jema .... soo happy for you. Won't be too long now, hunni. Glad I didn't have to have an endoscopy :eek: Can tonsils grow back, never heard that before, doh xxx :):):)

Jema well done on making it to the list. Did he say how long you will have to wait for the op. How many months is it since it GP refered you.

Amy c

Me on the list too :) Mr Balpuri also did my endoscopy this afternoon. We could be ward buddies:) well done Jema!

Excellent news, Jema .... soo happy for you. Won't be too long now, hunni. Glad I didn't have to have an endoscopy :eek: Can tonsils grow back, never heard that before, doh xxx :):):)

Well Twinkle, he said they were big and did I have throat problems. I said they were removed when I was 11, so was he sure...? He said they were there and big. 5 minutes later, I asked him again if they were definately tonsils as I didn't know they could come back, and he laughed and said they had come back and are big....
I s'pose he must be right..:rolleyes:

Well Twinkle, he said they were big and did I have throat problems. I said they were removed when I was 11, so was he sure...? He said they were there and big. 5 minutes later, I asked him again if they were definately tonsils as I didn't know they could come back, and he laughed and said they had come back and are big....
I s'pose he must be right..:rolleyes:

Well you live & learn ... when you have your op you could ask for a 2 for 1 & get them to spin the table round to whip your tonsils out at the same time, lol :)
Gosh this will be bad news for anyone else who thinks their tonsil problems are over once they are removed :eek: xxx

Tonsils can grow back, if they remove them when u are a certain age normally over 8.

I needed mine to be taken out but they wouldn't do op as they said there was no point as they would just come back.

Yayyyy. Well done hunni xx C u on the other side! Listen out for your phone as the call could come when you least expect it xxxx

Well done on the surgery date hope all goes well on the day.

Did you manage to get a cancellation to get in that fast just I have my endoscopy on Friday morning. I was told between 4 and 6 weeks for op.

Just panicking as a lot of the posts from SRH patient are saying there's a 6 month waiting list. Don't think I can wait that long lol need to start the new year as the new me

Xx

I really need some help....after months of reasearch I've decided that the lap band procedure is something I could benefit from...I made an appointment with my pcp and he also agreed that bariatric surgery would be helpful and he also said he's sure I'm a candidate..seeing as tho my BMI is 47 and I have hypertension..and also a history of failed dieting and excercise...the receptionist ( I believe that's what she is called...lol not sure) tells me to call my insurance co and see I'm covered...they told me yes 100 percent since I fall under a certain class of obesity....so I'm excited now...they give me a care coordination number to give to my doctors office so that they can "request authorization"...I gave all of this information to the receptionist and she said she would call....after weeks she finally calls and tells me they didn't give her any information...so I call back get her some more information and a new number to call....today...she tells me well I think you will need to be on a supervised diet for one year before so I will call next week.and also your hypertension is controlled....(with medication)..because its not an urgent matter in her words ...huh???I feel like I'm getting the run around here why can't she just call so I can get the process started...she isn't even 100 percent sure about the 1 year diet thing.....why not just call so I can get the process started...I'm really frustrated...I've waited so long for this and I just want to get the process started so I know what to do next...but I feel like she is purposely making me wait? Did you have a similar situation???

well done Jema, i'm over the moon for you, i've got mine tomorrow morning at 9:45, i think i might be stalled from the list due to the weight gain, and i toyed with the idea of cancelling the appointment but the way i'm looking at it once the endoscopy is done its out of the way so i'd just be knocking myself even further back by cancelling now, i've lost about 10lbs of the 2 stone i put on so not great but better than he extra 10lbs on! can i ask how long you were at the hospital after the appointment for? just i have to go back to work in newcastle afterwards boo hiss!

hiya. hope all goes well tomorrow. srh is so strict on weight gain i hate to be the bearer of bad news but i would go for appointment and hope they dont put u back with your operation, i was only 1kg less than i had been on the appointment before endoscopy and i was told DO NOT GAIN anymore. felt like a child in trouble. the endocopy appointment took about half hour in total but i only had spray. it is uncomfortable but soon over and by having spray i could go sooner the other way u stay longer . gl tomoz xx
well done Jema, i'm over the moon for you, i've got mine tomorrow morning at 9:45, i think i might be stalled from the list due to the weight gain, and i toyed with the idea of cancelling the appointment but the way i'm looking at it once the endoscopy is done its out of the way so i'd just be knocking myself even further back by cancelling now, i've lost about 10lbs of the 2 stone i put on so not great but better than he extra 10lbs on! can i ask how long you were at the hospital after the appointment for? just i have to go back to work in newcastle afterwards boo hiss!

Hi Rachael. Well done on the 10lbs off! I've lost about 12kg since my last appointment, but he never commented, so maybe he won't look at your weight...
My appointment was for 2, I went in about 2.15. First there were forms to go through, then weight, B.P, etc. I went in for the procedure about 2.30ish and it only took 5mins or so. Then he talked to me about what was there (nothing in my case) then I had to sit in the 'recovery' area for about 15 mins. I was out around 3.10 or there abouts. I had got a 2 hr carpark ticket, and was out well within the time..
All this was with the throat spray, it's longer if you have sedation!
Good luck for yours! Let us know how you get on. x

Back