• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need help :(

Kirabear

Its been nearly 4 weeks since my bypass.
Really struggling with feeling sick.....think I'm not getting enough liquid down because I feel sick all the time.
Anyone got any ideas how to stop the sicky feeling??
Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear this. I'm a pre opper so no experience to share but if you think you are not getting enough water in, then it may be worth upping your water intake. Not sure if thats the right advice but hope someone more experienced will be along soon to help. x

Awww thanks for the reply....I'm trying to drink but its really hard coz I'm feeling sick all the time x

Hiya. I'm a sleever not a bypasser but I did have a scoobie through all the gumph I had before I chose my op and it does say that for the bypass and sleeve alike, nausea is very common in the first few days after surgery and also afterwards on occasion when a food or drink you try doesn't agree with you or you eat too much of it etc but it also says that permanent nausea should be reported to your consultant / team. I really feel for you......feeling sick is absolutely rotten. Have you told your team that your experiencing this? Like you say, it's imperative to keep up your fluid intake and also to eat. In the early days I found cold drinks harder to stomach than warm as they somehow seemed smoother but I've had a different op than you. Good luck m'dear. I really hope it settles soon. x

sorry to hear this. It is quite common but that doesn't mean that you don't need medical advice. {Please speak to your team asap for advice, and in the meantime keep sipping. Even now when I feel nausious hot drinks or really cold drinks won't go down so I have hot nas squash or fruit tea and let it cool so it's just warm.
At the very least you will be able to have some anti nausea meds to help you through the tricky stage
xx

Very common in the early days but again very important to get your teams advice. Anti sickness tablets helped me out in the beginning.

I had to take anti-sickness tablets for 6 weeks. While this is of no help to you I think it shows that nausea can be expected for a few weeks. Hope you feel better soon xx

Back