• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Imodium

shelleymarie

Hi all,

I've had an upset stomach for the last few days. I've suffered with IBS before the surgery and hoped you would get better post surgery but I've still had about one episode a day. I coped with that but the last few days it has been getting worse. I spoke to a nurse with my provider yesterday and she said to ring back in a few days If I'm not better but I just wanted to see if it is ok to take imodium. Has anyone taken them post surgery? I'm thinking the instant version. I'm just started to feel so weak and think I'm getting a bit dehydrated as I'm struggling to get enough fluid in as it is, not matter how much I sip it doesn't ever seem to be enough. Can I try them or should I wait until I speak to a nurse again? Thanks x

I uses the instants in the early days no problem, but you'll need to try extra hard with fluids. Lactose intolerance is common post op and causes IBS flares and IBS type symptoms, so it might be worth switching to lactofree or soya substitutes to see if that helps. The best thing I found was benefibre, couple of spoonfuls in any drink daily and it really helped my IBS. It's tasteless and available in supermarkets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you Shell, that is great to hear, I'll pop straight out and get some. Hopefully I'll feel better soon :) x

Back