• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm really unhappy!

Liesa

I just called 'Pauline' regarding the gastric bypass, shes in admissions, i was told to ring her a few weeks back by Mr Patels secretary,
I was told by Mr Patel should be feb 2012, Pauline has said I'm not on his lists for then and they are still doing surgerys on those from october, she said theres a 12 month wait, i told her i knew this as Mr Patel had put me on the waiting list backdated to feb this year and said it will probably be 12 months later and sometime in feb... Pauline said its very doubtful as they have to catch up, I feel my bubble has been burst, i feel so deflated now!:cry::cry:

I know it's hard but try not to feel too deflated! I was in a similar situation until recently, when I had my first appt with the surgeon I was told it was a 6 month wait. At my next appt they told me that they were running behind and it was going to be 12 months minimum! More recently I've been told that they've managed to catch up and have reduced the waiting time so I'll maybe only be waiting 8-9 months rather than the full 12, you never know, the same may happen to you :)

I know it's really upsetting and frustrating waiting for the surgery but we've all been there and some have battled for literally years just to get listed! You've passed the biggest hurdle getting funding and getting listed, your time will come :)

H x

Aw Liesa, I hope you get this sorted out, and get good news soon. I know how awful the wait is. x

I know your right, but i shouldve had this surgery last year, beginning of 2010 i was told it was a 6 month waiting list, but i had had several bad bouts of sickness and diarreah that had me taken to the hospital, one time by ambulance, so they at Kings wanted to have more tests done to find out what was going on, results back but nothing about a hiatus hernia so had to have endoscopy and colonoscopy at same time thought the cameras would meet in the middle... well they mustve been satisfied but still no one said about it and i had forgotten about it as it doesnt usually play up anymore, but the last bout of sickness and believe me i had never experienced anything like this before, i was also in absolute agony from my joints as i couldnt keep any medications down for bp and painkillers etc for the arthritis, it was the day of an appointment in Kings so i had to get my daughter to call them and say i couldnt make it as i was in the hospital, i also said tell them i didnt want the gastric bypass anymore i couldnt take the idea of being sick, i got better and then changed my mind and called them back, saw them in december was told 6 month waiting list, but.. then i had to have a CT scan to double check the hiatus hernia, instead they found something in my right ovary, took 4 months getting it sorted and was a simple cyst, i then saw Mr Patel again in august i think this year and because of the time taken for tests etc he said he would backdate it to feb 22nd and i saw him write this on my notes, now... not sure where i am but i guess i can use this time to absorb as much info as possible so we get it right...

Hey Liesa,

I too was waiting 18 months what with hospital waiting times and test that they wanted to do.

I had my 1st consultation in april 2010 and my operation finally on 9th September this year.

It will happen I know its disheartening just remember its the when and not the if now and you are prepping for your new life xx

Good luck Hun xx

Keep Positive

Joanne :)

thanks Joanne, i know just feel a bit down but its going to be forever so i dont mind waiting just a bit shocked i guess cos i had built myself up for it... kindof like a countdown, it will happen so i will use the extra time to talk with others and take on as much info as i can xxxxx

i was told my surgery would be may, then aug, then sept and it was finally in November.. from start to then i waited almost 3 years, please dont give up hun, the time will come for your surgery..chin up hun and we are here for you on your journey xxx

thanks all, its nice having the support, i wont give up ever, i cant afford to my health is suffering, or should say my legs, 1 knee replacement and i'm just to heavy for my legs :(

Hi
I am glad I am not the only one who keeps calling Pauline; I was refereed September last year, had my first consultation with Mr Patel in Feb...and am still have no op date, not even an estimated date. Pauline has said they are currently running at 14 months from listing.
I understand how disappointing it is, I feel just the same. It's like your life is on pause, I am trying to use the time wisely by increasing my lung/physical fitness so I am the best I can be for surgery...when it finally comes alone.
Keep your chin up, we may end on the same list eventually.
Good luck!
x

Back