• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EEEEEEK!!!! This cant be happening!?!

everpositive

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok, as most of you know I was weighed at my GP's surgery last Friday exactly 2 weeks from my bypass. On the day of my bypass I weighed 24 st 6. Last Friday I was 23 st. Weighed myself today on the alleged 'to be trusted' expensive weight watchers scales and I was 23 st, 5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!! Sweet Jesus in heaven, how can I have put 5 lbs on?? I have barely eaten and still pretty much still doing the liquids! :cry::cry::cry:

Hun, the same thing happened to me with my WW scale:

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-we...girl-half-way-there-lovin-11.html#post1090442

I was really upset but I realized that all scales are different so don't panic. Mine was over 10lbs different than my gp's office plus you should never weigh at night. Always do it first thing in the morning right after you pee. And I do mine mine in very little clothes.

HTH,
N

I had the same problem when using diffrent scales.
So i only now take notice of my own scales.

Weigh yaself in the morning naked once a week and only take that into account.

Dont do as i did and put my scales in the kitchen and mooned the poor neighbour so he nearly fell over while moving the scales into place :D:D:D:D

This is why I use the ones at morrisons....cant always get there on my planned weigh in day but at least no nasty shocks. The scales at my gym were almost a stone lighter...and when I use to attend weight watchers the class organiser used to say to stick to the scales you started on as she had two on the go and even they were different...xx

Same here. The scales at my GP's have me 3kg lighter than the ones at my weight management clinic at the hospital.
Naturally, i prefer my GP's scales :giggle:

Yup my first weight in showed a difference of 3k between mine and theirs will just use mine as my true weight as i weight on hard floor not carpet like they do. You can stand an 3 different scales and get 3 different weights.

Hmmm ok guys. Tendersage, great to see you back love!

Thanks claire am signed off work for another 2 weeks, one of my brothers and his partner are staying for a few days while J is away, god that mans amazing what the hell did i do to get so lucky?

Thanks claire am signed off work for another 2 weeks, one of my brothers and his partner are staying for a few days while J is away, god that mans amazing what the hell did i do to get so lucky?

awww bless!
Don't question it!
xx

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ok, as most of you know I was weighed at my GP's surgery last Friday exactly 2 weeks from my bypass. On the day of my bypass I weighed 24 st 6. Last Friday I was 23 st. Weighed myself today on the alleged 'to be trusted' expensive weight watchers scales and I was 23 st, 5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!! Sweet Jesus in heaven, how can I have put 5 lbs on?? I have barely eaten and still pretty much still doing the liquids! :cry::cry::cry:

My hubby has hidden our scales so I don't keep weighing myself. A hard habbit to break but think I have done it.
I weigh once a week at Boots (on the same scales) and find that wroks for me. I weigh 4 lbs lighter on Surgicare scales but as long as it's a downward trend I don't get too concered!!

I have never felt the urge to weigh myself due to the fact I had so many disappointments when trying other weight loss methods. As long as my clothes feel loose I am happy. Working shifts also means I cant weigh every week at the same time so I am happy to miss it sometimes...I do get a buzz when its gone down though so sometimes its worth waiting for,..xx

It really can be defeating to weigh and not see a result. If you find that you feel this way often then you might want to cut your scale addiction (yes, people do get addicted to scales, I have heard of people that weigh 2-3 times per day!). I have found that I don't really care what I weigh & never really get upset when I see no loss. I do rejoice when I see a drop but I don't punish myself when I see nothing. Unless you get a healthy relationship with your scale, it might be best to banish it for a bit (give it to a friend/family member to hold onto it for a month) and only weigh once a week or so at Boots, Tesco, etc. It will help you in the long run.

Nic;)

My hubby doesn't want me to buy any scales and i promised him i won't get on any scales anywhere else!!!!!

Promise is a promise and I will never break it (He never banned me from the Wii fit though la la la la)

x x x

Yeah every set of scales is diffrent, i know i weight diffrent on my moms scales than i do on my nans and they are the same one (well same make etc...)

I weigh different on every scales I try, hosp has me at 10st 6 I made it 10st 8...home scales say 11st 4 dr's scales 11st 6...Im gonna go with the 10st 8. Also I have noticed that my weight goes up during my monthlys so have to bare that in mind too when your weighing yourself around this time.

Your doing great, crack on and dont worry....your not gaining!!!

Mandy x

Back