• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm so excited......

I'm still in very early stages, funding approved and waiting for my first appointment so I don't know!!
But I can imagine how exciting it must be!
Have they given you any idea of time scale?
I'm really pleased for you
Leanne x

Hi Crystal

Think it hits us all in different ways........I dont think it hit me till this week really one week post op lol, it's now I'm feeling excited :)

Good luck with your journey

Xx

I was estatic when the lady from my PCT called me to say she'd approved my funding. It was like a huge weight lifted and I knew the countdown had started.

Good luck and congratulations.

Know how you feel Chrystal I couldnt believe it either and now eight months later I am only 5 weeks away from my op date...........thats so scary and exciting all at the same time lol
Good luck with your journey

Jay xx

hello thats fantastic just thinking about how long ive been big for made the wait ok .. it has taken 10 months from seeing dr and my op is on tues .. good luck

Fantastic news hun.No wonder you're bursting:D:D

Very pleased for you hun! :D
Cuppa xx

I'm still in very early stages, funding approved and waiting for my first appointment so I don't know!!
But I can imagine how exciting it must be!
Have they given you any idea of time scale?
I'm really pleased for you
Leanne x

Hi Leanne

I was orginally referred by my GP last year, had my first appoinment in January of this year. They say in the letter they hope to treat within 18 weeks. So I think I will be sorted in 2010.

I am still in shock as at my last dietician appointment they said I had to lose a bit more weight before they would put me on the list but they obviously changed their mind.

I cant imagine how I am going to feel when I get a date.

Which hospital are you under?

i only went on the waiting list week and a half ago was told id be waiting up to end of feb , and got my date today for 16th december so enjoy being on the list because emagine how you will feel when you get that call for your date, i was in the middle of doing a hair cut god knows how i got through it i wanted to do more than burst lol

i only went on the waiting list week and a half ago was told id be waiting up to end of feb , and got my date today for 16th december so enjoy being on the list because emagine how you will feel when you get that call for your date, i was in the middle of doing a hair cut god knows how i got through it i wanted to do more than burst lol

I will enjoy being on the list. I think if I was cutting hair when I found out, I might have cut their ear off.

hi hun congratulations on getting on the list. I remember my time so well i was like a cheshire cat for a long time. i had 1st appointment at my hospital last december, had a extra wait as i have had sleep aponea so needed treatment for that but ok now and have my operation Wednesday. Time flies.

Great news, always good to hear of another person getting a date xx

Yes I remeber that feeling well kept asking is that me definatley on the list lol. Hope you don't have to wait to long now for your opp. Where are you having your opp, and do you know the waiting time?

Good Luck
Jeanx

Yes I remeber that feeling well kept asking is that me definatley on the list lol. Hope you don't have to wait to long now for your opp. Where are you having your opp, and do you know the waiting time?

Good Luck
Jeanx

Hi Jean

I am having my operation at St Georges Hospital in Tooting. They have said in their letter within 18 weeks but when I first referred they said 26 weeks.

Hi Ellie

I am under St Georges Hosptial in Tooting. Which hospital are you under?

Whichever, my Dr Decides to send me too either Imperial College or Homerton he said he would fax them.

A guy phoned me up from the Bariatrics team in St Georges we had a chat about the surgery at St Georges (I was doing some research and he returned my call) seemed a very nice chappie. Told me the waiting times could be anything up to 18 months there:eek:

Back